9 Months since PlicationI had mine in July and only lost 25 lbs. I saved for so long to have this surgery and this is all I lost. I am so depressed it

I had mine in July and only lost 25 lbs. I saved for so long to have this surgery and this is all I lost. I am so depressed it's killing me. I can't believe I only lost 25 lbs. I just can't believe it. I wish I had gone with the bypass. Maybe I would have lost more. I've been to 2 doctors to see if my thyroid was messed up and they both said it was fine. I'm just eating too much. God I just can't believe this. My husband is furious with me.

If you had surgery with us, please call Dr. So or Dr. Martinez at 1-866-376-7849 ext. 5 and speak with one of them. It sounds like you may need a bit of a touch up to your plication to tighten it up a bit. This can happen sometimes, but unless you call and let us know, we can't evaluate the issue

Call tomorrow morning and speak with one of our doctors so they can determine if this is what is needed!

Beverly,
I've had the same problem. I've only lost 20 lbs since my surgery last June. I was talking to another patient who had her surgery the same day I did, and she mentioned my unhappiness to OCC, who immediately reached out to me. I'm flying down tomorrow to have revision surgery. I know how you feel about spending so much money on this and not getting any results, and then too have to pay for surgery, to fly down again, taking more time off work... but I looked at it this way. Since I have already invested so much, my only choice is to spend a little bit more in order to protect my investment, and ultimately my health. It took a lot of courage to do this to begin with. Gather up that courage, tell your husband to shut up and support you and then call Dr. So. :)
Let me know if I can be of any support! - Kelly

• 2 years later...

I am in the same boat. Had my plication in March 2011, and I am now back to my pre-op weight due to stress, life changes, and a greater expansion of my stomach than I expected. I have contacted OCC and Dr. So. They recommend that I have a touch-up performed. However, unlike KellyinPDX, they are asking for a nice chunk of change (multiple thousand USD) for the touch-up. As this is WAY more than I was expecting, especially with your experiences, it looks like I will have to live without it. Granted, as some of this is probably my fault, I cannot be mad/upset about this.

I am depressed about this beyond belief - I thought I was low when I hit this weight again, but not as low as I am now. I pray that things will get better,

• 2 months later...

I too had a gastric plication in 2011....went back for a touch up bc a stitch "let loose". I lost a total of 65lbs since the original surgery date. Starting weight 247, lowest weight 187, and now hovering around 200.

It is now late 2014' and I am considering not only a revision but a switch to a VSG. Since the adjustment, I have battled acid reflux and need too take OTC acid reflux on a daily basis just to sleep during the night without incident.

I am really discouraged as well as my husband and completely confused as to the next step to take. It is very expensive to keep returning for adjustments.

Honestly, I was really hoping for a better outcome, since I have also been battling a knee injury from two car accidents (and my physician here is encouraging weight loss as the best solution). What a delimma!!!!

I have contacted the OCC for advice and am waiting for response.

Anyone else experiencing the same type of issues?????

• 3 weeks later...

Its been 9months from my plication surgery and I am also depressed as I used all my savings for this surgery and have only lost 10lbs! I originally had the lapband and since it was considered a revision I spend 8k on the plication and if I want to now do the sleeve it'll be another 8k. Im completely lost and desperate!