Safety in Tijuana

Hi Everybody,

I know this might sound silly, but....

I have my Revision surgery (lapband removal & vertical sleeve) scheduled for Monday, Sept 10, 2012. I will be flying into San Diego on Sunday, Sept 9th early afternoon and departing on Saturday, Sept 15th early afternoon.

I implicitly trust OCC and Dr. Ortiz... and know I couldn't ask for a better surgeon or center, but I have been feeling anxious about being alone for my surgery and then 5 days at the hotel by myself.

A good friend of mine has volunteered to go with me... I didn't ask, but I think she knows that I need/desire the moral support. She just told me that she wants to go with me and I am feeling so much better and feel alot more relaxed about my upcoming experience knowing that I will have a friend to hold my hand if I need it.

The only hiccup is that her husband is worried about her traveling to Tijuana. I have had no such qualms... but, would love to pass on some positive feedback on how our safety is not an issue.

Any suggestions or thoughts... I would greatly appreciate them!

Thanks for listening.... Dottie

Hi, I just came back from OCC about a week ago, I felt very safe, between OCC and the hotel they get you back and forth and the hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. We even took a trip down the block from OCC to get my husband a to go dinner from a resturant then came back to the hospital, other than that we pretty much hung out at the hotel. I felt very comfortable and safe with all the drivers we had. I am going back with my mother in a few months, so I obviously feel safe. It is no different than any other city in the world, there are good parts of town and bad parts of town. And the Marriot is secure, you can't even use the elevator w/o a key card, and hotel staff is present everywhere. Definately no worries.

My husband and I drove our car into TJ and he drove around a lot during the day while I was working at OCC, and we also drove around and shopped a lot on Friday. Never felt unsafe at all, in fact, in the almost 6 years I've been working for OCC... I would say it is even safer now then it used to be! We were all over the place!

Hi Everybody,

I know this might sound silly, but....

I have my Revision surgery (lapband removal & vertical sleeve) scheduled for Monday, Sept 10, 2012. I will be flying into San Diego on Sunday, Sept 9th early afternoon and departing on Saturday, Sept 15th early afternoon.

I implicitly trust OCC and Dr. Ortiz... and know I couldn't ask for a better surgeon or center, but I have been feeling anxious about being alone for my surgery and then 5 days at the hotel by myself.

A good friend of mine has volunteered to go with me... I didn't ask, but I think she knows that I need/desire the moral support. She just told me that she wants to go with me and I am feeling so much better and feel alot more relaxed about my upcoming experience knowing that I will have a friend to hold my hand if I need it.

The only hiccup is that her husband is worried about her traveling to Tijuana. I have had no such qualms... but, would love to pass on some positive feedback on how our safety is not an issue.

Any suggestions or thoughts... I would greatly appreciate them!

Thanks for listening.... Dottie

I swear that every 6 months someone brings this topic up. LOL. But like every big city in the world, bad stuff happens. I live 160 miles west of Chicago and for curiosity's sake I went and Googled "how many people were murdered in Chicago yesterday" and found this report.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/21/chicago-violence-at-least_n_619259.html . 52 shot, seven dead, over a weekend back in June 2010.

Did it stop people from going to a Cubs or White Sox game, or families going to the Museum of Science and Industry? Nope,, in fact, I don't remember hearing anything about this till now. The OCC goes to extreames to make sure everyone is safe and it stays that way. For last 5 years I've moderated this forum, I have never seen a post or heard of anyone having a problem in TJ.

• Like 1

Thanks Guys....

I am forwarding your thoughts to my friends' husband and that will hopefully put his mind to ease about our safety!

Thank you,

Dottie