Help with weight loss plateau

Help, I'm only 3 weeks post op and I have been at a weight loss standstill for 8 days!! I am down 14 lbs since surgery but nothing in the last 8 days! I am still on clear and full liquids. Is my weight loss done for good or will it start again? What can I do to help this plateau pass quickly?

this is a very normal common stall. They happen all the time and will happen again with weight loss surgery. There are many other forums that you can just google with this topic. but the 3 week/4 week post op one is VERY common I had it 3 weeks post op and it lasted almost 2 weeks.

Are you working out?

at 3 weeks post op there is not much she can do working out wise they tell you to wait 4 weeks post op and also I was still soar and dog tired 3 weeks post op VSG

Oh yeah really and you are not suppose to lift anything heavier than 15lbs for 3 or 4 weeks. You can walk but I think they said no swimming till 6 or 8 weeks.

I am 2 wks post op and just had 4-5 days where the scale didn't budge. I was loggin everything in MFP and knew I was doing all the right stuff ( liquids ), under 600Cal / day and getting 30+ grams protein.

After reading some other forum comments. I made sure I got my water in yesterday and walked ... scale moved a pound this AM! :-).

Like other poster said I think this is NORMAL and sometimes you body is changing even when the scale isn't. I had more comments about my weigh loss during these period and my clothes felt different even though the scale didn't budge. Probably just body catching up w/ the pre&post op loss and our bodies are still healing from major surgery.

We WILL lose ...

U know ur doing the right stuff!!! keep positive!!!

Drink ur water

Walk

(limit weighing to 1x / wk-- was recommended -- I plan to do this but haven't yet :-) Can't help myself!)