July 2012 or Bust... Literally!

Well. I did it!

I made the decision to be plicated, which is different from placated with similar results. ;0

I will have my procedure done in July. I am excited and nervous and excited and nervous about having this procedure done. I feel ready to make the necessary life changes. I want to be more active. I want to run around in life and not just listlessly watch it peripherally out of the window from the sofa. I want to wear nice clothes and feel sexy when I walk into a room. I want to wear nice dresses that look good on me. I want to emerge from this cocoon of fat that has been surrounding me unrelentingly for too long.

I want to enjoy life more fully and this is my first step. I welcome comments and conversation from those who have been plicated, those who are about to make this journey, and those who are deciding to. I will keep this blog updated throughout my journey. I have 65 pounds to lose and every single thing to gain.

Ana

Hi Ana!

I'm new as well, and it looks like we want to loose about the same amount of weight. I go in for surgery a week from today on July, 2nd. I'm very excited. My sister got plication a year ago and has been very successful. Even if I loose 40 lbs, I will be pleased as punch!

I'll post regular updates about my journey.

Meredith in Utah

Hi Lisa & Meredith,

*HUGS* Thank you so much for your posts. It helps to have this kind of interaction and encouragement!

Lisa! You look fantastic! You are my role model! Any tips and advice you can give me on what to do along the way would be fantastic! :) I just loved it when you said you are LIVING your life instead of watching it! It makes me feel so hopeful, so very hopeful, thank you. How long did it take you to reach your journey? I am stargint out at 221lbs, and that is what I was at before the pre-surgery eating plan. I am now at 211.4 and that makes me feel good. I can not wait until i reach 150 and am now using you as my role model to surpass that goal!

Meredith, I'm so excited to be sharing this journey with you! I will be thinking of you as you are being plicated July 2nd. My procedure is scheduled for July 20th. Are you flying? I just made my arrangements today. Let me know if you would like to email one another through this journey I would love that!

Thank You Ladies,

*Support*

Ana