Plication in 12 Days, Whose going to be there in July?

Hello Fellow Fighters,

My journey toward new health and vitality began 1 1/2 months ago when I first contacted the OCC. The goal to weight loss began 3 weeks ago. So far I am down 10 lbs. I have 1 more lb. to go to achieve my goal of losing 5% of my weight (11 lbs.) I began my journey at 221 lbs., and now am at 211. I have chosen the protein shakes 2x's a day, greens, and lean cuisine meal path. It is working for me. I tend to yo yo. Do fantastic for 2 weeks straight, then derail, then start over. For this reason I decided to begin my 5% weight loss journey 1 month in advance versus the 2 weeks before. Now that I have roughly 2 weeks to go until my plication, I have no desire to slack off. I know that my optimal health is at stake. I want to have the smoothest procedure posssible and honor that by losing the most fat around my liver as possible. I feel a good degree of nervousness, and any and all encouragements are greatly appreciated. Thank you to those of you who have reached out already! I appreciate you for it! I will do my best to blog my honest experience throughout my WLS journey. Success to ALL of US!

I had only two weeks from first contact to surgery date. I lost anywhere from 4-6 lbs. Not bad for two weeks I think. I believe I weighed in at 201.8 or something on the scale at OCC my date of surgery. I'll weigh in tomorrow at home on my own scale. Here's to almost finishing my first postop week.

I fly in Wednesday! I've lost 16 lbs so far with shakes and health choice meals over the last two and a half weeks or so. I started a few days early becasue I was concerned with being able to lose the requred 17lbs before I went for surgury. Plus I think my scale is playing games with my head lol. I think I'm closer to about 20lbs down and my scale just weighs a few pounds heavy. Either way I'm not going to stress it, one way or the other I will be where I need to be Wednesday. I just realized about an hour ago that I have to go on all liquids tomorrow. Time has gone by really quickly and I haven't had time to stress yet, I guess I can do that on the flight...lol

I had only two weeks from first contact to surgery date. I lost anywhere from 4-6 lbs. Not bad for two weeks I think. I believe I weighed in at 201.8 or something on the scale at OCC my date of surgery. I'll weigh in tomorrow at home on my own scale. Here's to almost finishing my first postop week.

How has your recovery been so far? I am concerned about the first couple of weeks after...

Hi Meredith! *hugs* Wow, only 2 weeks from contact to procedure! I think that's probably better, lol having too much time to think about it can take... well, too much time thinking about it. :) Congratulations on quickly approaching your 1 week post op anniversary! Yea! Continued success. I look forward to hearing about your journey and sharing mine, as well as support for us all here.

Hi Southern Guy,

Best of ease with your procedure this Wednesday! May you walk away from it thinking, "that was easy!" That's what i'm hoping for. :) I look forward to sharing your journey also. I'm excited about this new group we're starting of members just taking this journey. Make sure you check out the checklist created on the forum for what to take.

Hello AnaA,

The surgery went well. I was discharged yesterday morning and I'm in the hotel now. Headed to San Deigo this afternoon. I'm alittle sore but I guess that is to be expected. The worst part is just being uncomfortable from the indiguestion. Even small sips of water are giving me this acid reflux thing. The broth at the hotel is really the only thing that is going down well, maybe thats because its hot? I dont know. I am most comfortable standing and walking around. They told me the first 72 hours were the worst for the acid reflux so I am looking forward to getting over that. Overall it was pretty easy, the staff and doctors were great. The nurses that were taking care of me didn't speak a whole lot of English but they were very sweet and they could understand what I need. I asked alot of questions about the medications they were giving me in the IV, and they were able to answer everything well enough for me to understand. Also there were plenty of other English speaking staff if you needed a translator. Over all everything has gone very well and I have no regrets, im just looking forward to getting through the next few weeks... Best of luck!