There are 7 days to go until my procedure. I have met the 5% loss of weight and have even exceeded it by over 1%! That makes me really happy :) I began at 221, now at 207, lost 14 lbs. so far, over 6% of my initial body weight, began with a BMI of 35 now at a BMI of 32. Yesssssssssss! GO ME!

Congrats! You've got nothing to worry about, I had a great experence. I'm having some indigestion discomfort but Im hoping that will go away soon. Water has not been good with me, but in the gift shop at the hotel they have this Peach electrolite drink that went down better. Now that I am back in San Deigo I picked up some Poweraid and that is going pretty well too. Best of luck!

Thank you for your encouragement and updates! I appreciate both. Wow, how fantastic is this that at the hotel gift shop they sell peach electrolite! Nice. I'm glad that you are able to find soothing things. Today I went on my pre op shopping spree! clear broths, fruit juices, vitamin waters, papaya enzyme, calcium pills (i guess I will be dissolving these in water initially?) and all that good stuff. Continued healing success Southernguy! Stay in touch :)

Hey AnaA!

Tomorrow will be a week since my surgery and I feel great. I haven't have much of the acid reflux the last couple of days so that is a huge win. I have been living on poweraid zero. haha but I can finally drink enought that I don't feel like I am dehydrated. Yesterday I went and bought drinkable yogurt, Its called Frusion smoothie... So good, I kinda over did it because I was so used to clear liquids that I drank about 3oz of it, was not a good result. But a couple sips of that and I am completly satisfied. The nutritionist said to drink the yogurt before you start the protien shakes again, something about needing the yougurt cultures. Either way I'm happy with it. Good luck!

Hey! Fantastic!!!! :):):)

Thanks so much for the update! Tomorrow I begin liquid fast. . lol so I am preparing for that. Surprisingly, it doesn't seem like much of a stretch? Since I have been looking at my behavior etc., I am actually able to make smart choices. Now that's a nifty little trick that evaded me for WAY too long! It makes me so happy to hear that 1 week out tomorrow you are feeling great! Yessss! Positive positive Positive! I am lactose intolerant so I will be drinking Yakult when I finally get to the probiotic stage. So that's why you drink those before protein shakes. hm. Good to know! I will post here tomorrow i'm sure because it's the day before my flight and then after that, it'll be quiet until possibly Monday (I come back Sunday the 22nd). OK! Keep up the great work!! I am sooo happy for you! Go Southern Guy!!