5 months out

Well it has been a interesting 5 months for me. Learning that I took to food more than I thought I did when I was sad, happy, mad, pissed off.... I would find myself crying in front of the refrigerator at times because I couldn't eat all its contents and sometimes because what I did to myself medicating with food. It took me a while to get there to be able to even say these things. It has been a very eye opening and all I can say is it is not "the easy way out" at all. As others have mouthed that have no idea about being overweight. I am proud to say I am down 69 lbs as this am and now weight 209. That is a number that is so hard for me to say out loud as it just doesn't fit me just yet. I have found myself not telling my husband when he asks my correct weight. A few weeks ago he asked me and I said something like 253 and he was so confused and said but I thought you weighted that last month and the other day you were 23? I had to laugh at my self and say I don't know why I said that I am 223.

I did want to have more gone by this time but I think I am doing well when I count how many months I am out and I broke my ankle July 4th. So no exercising for me till at least the 6 week mark from my July 10th surgery.

Congrats Bella!

You will be at Onederland before you know it!

Cheers, Dottie

What are you doing now to lose weight before your scheduled surgery date?

Hi Goofy,

I have been doing Isopure Whey Protein Shakes for 2 meals a day... with Ostrim Protein Jerkee snacks to keep my energy levels up throughout the day. I blend the Isopure with Soy or Almond milk which gives me a total of 60 grams of protein per shake. The protein has made it a lot easier to stick to it. I have discovered cottage cheese with a can of tuna and egg white omelets. So, I am taking lots of protein in and not too many carbs. It seems to be working for me. I have dropped 34 pounds since February...slow and and steady. Hope this helps.

Cheers, Dottie