End of 5th Week Post Plic: Aug. 24, 2012

Well. It was a frustrating week 5. I was severely constipated and gained 4 ozs.Grrr.

I don't normally track ounces, I just list the weight but for the sake of tracking, I gained 4 ozs. What is frustrating about that (more details in my blog) is that i not only went in the wrong direction, but also didn't lose anything during week 5. The abdominal distention wasn't fun either. Made it hard to feel good about losing weight because I couldn't feel the slimness.

I continue to drink 64 oz of water a day and follow the healthy eating habits and the 1 hour either side of meals before drinking.

I got some information from Dr. M about what to do for constipation so I am looking forward to implementing that solution. Well. Here's to hoping I have a better week!

Sheesh. :\

Well. It was a frustrating week 5. I was severely constipated and gained 4 ozs.Grrr.

I don't normally track ounces, I just list the weight but for the sake of tracking, I gained 4 ozs. What is frustrating about that (more details in my blog) is that i not only went in the wrong direction, but also didn't lose anything during week 5. The abdominal distention wasn't fun either. Made it hard to feel good about losing weight because I couldn't feel the slimness.

I continue to drink 64 oz of water a day and follow the healthy eating habits and the 1 hour either side of meals before drinking.

I got some information from Dr. M about what to do for constipation so I am looking forward to implementing that solution. Well. Here's to hoping I have a better week!

Sheesh. :\

Milk of Mag,, works wonders and is fast. LOL

Congrats on your progress. Our timing (and starting weight) is almost identical. 205 at surgery. Down 21.2 total (including 10 for 2 week pre-op) so I'm a bit slower. Curious - when you say trying to get your calories up? what is your understanding of the ideal amount per day? I've been aiming for 800. Sometimes I don't get there. I have been exercising a lot, but haven't been great on the 64 ounces of water, nor on the waiting 30 minutes to drink after meals. Wonder if that would help speed things up?

Hi Ulta, Welcome,

Did you have your plication in July too?

So, when I was talking about having trouble getting my calories up that was back in Week 5, and it was my first week of going from soft foods where I was taking in about 800 calories, to full foods where I was advised the caloric intake would now be 1200-1300 regularly and 1500 if I was working out regularly which I translate, possibly mistakenly, as daily. Week 5 I was hovering between 800-950 trying to get to 1200-1300 because I have read getting too little calories can make you stall. During Week 6, I was able to maintain 1000-1100 calories. I am currently working on week 7 and now stay steadily at 1150. I find that 1150 (while not being 1200-1300) fills me up pretty well and makes the scale move.

I'm not sure, when I ask about the frequency of weight loss, which I did recently, i'm told that we all have different bodies and lose differently. I wait the full 1 hour before and after meals to drink, but haven't noticed my weight loss exactly burning up the charts like it did the first month. I do get in 64-72 ozs of water daily, and again, you can follow my weight loss in my signature to see my rate of loss. Not to say that following this ideally doesn't work! Quite the contrary, it's just my metabolism I guess. I am open to things that will speed things up too lol Maybe I should hit that gym a lot more.

:) Good luck, stay in touch and keep me posted. :)