So worried

Hi all... Been forever since I posted but just wanted some opinions. I've had lots of port site pain lately... Well always had it really but it's worse now than its ever been. Also tons of abdominal pain/discomfort in general. So a couple of things I'm wondering... Is it possible to have an allergic reaction to the band? Should I be concerned that my body is reacting to a foreign object in my body. Maybe the band is eroding? Anyone experienced this before? What are the symptoms of erosion? I'm wondering how much it costs to get band removed and if anyone had gotten insurance to cover it even though all of us here are self pay for installation... I'm so freaked out!!! I've had my band since 2008 and had problems all along -- just wasn't the right choice for me. I just want it out to be honest. I don't know what to do!! I can't afford to pay to have it out. So depressed.

• Like 1

When I had my sleeve done there was a lady who got a port infection and her insurance paid for removal so if there is something wrong with yours they just might cover it. There will still be cost tho like your co pays and deductible.

Thanks Lisa for the information!! I actually got an appt to see a surgeon on the 25th to discuss all my issues I've been having. I'm not hopeful that he well agree to do removal surgery since he didn't do my placement, but we will see. I'll keep you all posted!

• Like 2