4 weeks out ???

Hi so I had my gastric plication august 31 and finally could start eating soft/normal foods starting last friday. I have been losing weight pretty much everyday so im down 16lbs but the moment i started eating soft foods (Shrimp and oatmeal) ive completly stopped losing weight. Just wondering if thats normal or if anyone else has experienced this. Im no where near my goal weight and just concerned..... Also this no drinking thing with meals is enough to kill me! i think thats the hardest part id rather not eat so i can just drink all day cause im soooo thirsty!

• Like 1

im not doing tons and tons of cardio no but i do run the stairs a couple times a day at work (13 flights) and i dont sit on my butt for my job im running around the hospital.... but its just like all the sudden i started eating normal foods weight loss stopped... its way to early for that i think? Im only 4 weeks out... Who knows

Your body has adapted to the caloric deficiency. That will happen after a few weeks to almost every body.

You need change it up, including adding HIIT cardio and resistance training.

You'll see results (&maintaining them, which is a huge problem for people in this forum) if you start working out regularly, while eating clean.

Hey Jonsie! Do no fret! I had the same experience. I seem to go in a cycle. At four weeks I felt I hit my first plateau, then I lost like 4 lbs the next week. So far I have done NOTHING regarding excersize, just the diet alone. I'm just chugging along and I'm comfortable at my pace. I only need to loose 50-60 lbs total, so this is perfect for me. A lb a week is all I ask. I'll be 3 months out next week and I'm down about 22 lbs. I've broken into the 170's. I eat very small meals (like 12 mini wheats for breakfast) and I drink water/black coffee/green tea in between. Don't worry, and take care. :)

Meredith

You're doing fine, Daneen. I'm 11 weeks out; my weight loss has slowed down for now, but every week it seems to drop a couple of pounds--and that's without exercise. Like everyone says, the trick is to mix things up. If you're eating exactly right, switch it up a bit. (This isn't "official", but it works for me). One day I eat a little something "naughty", as in a slice of cheese, or blue cheese on a salad...and then the next I'll do just liquids, chicken broth, etc. The trick is to keep your metabolism surprised, so it doesn't "adjust" to a certain calorie level. This may not be the conventional thing to do--but I'm down 41 lbs. so far, and that's just under 4 lbs. per week.

When I'm able to exercise, I expect it to step up a bit. Good luck!!