I finally decided I was ready to have the gastric sleeve surgery. I have done my research on pro's and con's, on doctors and facilities, on success stories and negative feedback. I plan on having surgery next month (Mid-November) in Mexico with Dr. Ortiz.

So now I am trying to figure out WHY I find myself seeking out negative feedback. It seems I am eagerly looking for complications, stories of regret, disadvantages, etc... My husband asked me last night if I am trying to talk myself out of surgery. Now I wonder if I am.

Does this mean I am really not ready? I see people talking about if they aren't 100% sure then they probably really aren't ready. Do you agree with that?

I know I need to lose weight and try time and time again. I will lose and then regain. Over and over and over. I am worried that I will not be able to have an "affair" with food again. I worry that I will regret having surgery. I worry that my health may be compromised due to lack of nutritional satisfaction.

rtdugger Don't change your mind this is a change of a life time. I just had my sleeve done Oct 15,2012 almost a week out by Dr. Ortiz. They are really good to you

and everything went great. I am a little tired but it was a busy week we just got home Friday. A little sore but not that bad. I am ready for cream soup Tuesday can't

take any more of the broth can't stand to smell it LoL. Belly does rumble a lot but nothing painful. Mouth would like food but stomach doesn't really want any mind

over matter I guess.I am sure it will pass. I have lost about 7lbs since surgery 22lbs since pre-op. So don't pass up this opportunity time goes by so fast.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am sitting here with my mind backing out :( I have lost 25 lbs on my own this month. That is great but I keep telling myself I can do this on my own without the costly surgery. BUT if I could have done this on my own, I would have already....right? I am gettting nervous, Sugery date is coming so fast!!! Nov 5th !!!

I am sitting here with my mind backing out :( I have lost 25 lbs on my own this month. That is great but I keep telling myself I can do this on my own without the costly surgery. BUT if I could have done this on my own, I would have already....right? I am gettting nervous, Sugery date is coming so fast!!! Nov 5th !!!

Everyone goes through this feeling. Don't feel like your all by yourself. You won't regret going through with the surgery. I don't know which surgery you have decided on, but I was lap banded back in 2007 and haven't regreted it. I just wish I would have done it back in 2000 when I first looked into it.