Plication done on May 2010 - update

It's been 1 year & 7 months since my husband and I had the gastric sleeve plication. Kevin is just a few pounds from Dr. Ortiz's ideal weight for him. He just consulted Dr. Castillo at the Ariel center regarding a tummy tuck & thigh lift to remove the excess skin. Once he does that he'll be under the ideal weight. As of right now, he has lost 140lbs.

My journey has been a little more difficult. My heaviest was 256 lbs. To give myself a boost I came back to the OCC/Ariel center to have a belt lipectomy (3 days post op). Dr. Castillo was able to remove 12 lbs of excess skin from my waistline. I have about 20 more lbs to lose & I'll have reached my goal!!!!

I plan to come back in a few months for brachioplasty (upper arm lift) and a breast lift.

Good luck to everyone on their weight loss journey & always remember, WLS is a tool for you to use.

• Like 1

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful success story! My surgery was on July 2, 2012, so I am only a few months out but down 50 pounds. I am so thankful for the gift of WLS and all the wonderful people at OCC. Luckily my sister-in-law had discovered OCC and shared her success story with me. Each success story shared potentially spreads the word, joy, happiness and healthy lifestyle to another person. Congratulations to you and your husband!

• Like 1