Day 7 thru Day 21

This is a tough time span....thankful for cream soups but now they all taste alike. Have lost the want or desire for chicken broth. Any helpful hints during this time? Not complaining because it is working. Down a total of 30 lbs!! Can't wait for tuna, cottage cheese and quiche!!! I am racking up on recipes.

I had a problem free experience. My husband accompanied me. We were picked up from the airport and then dropped off at the Marriott. The Marriott staff was super!! They definitly cater to your needs. I arrived a day early. The facility at OCC was much like a surgery center. You meet with Dr. Miranda first, then the cardiologist, and surgery is next. I think it took about 45 minutes. I was up about an hour later walking the hall. Never experienced any nausea and very little discomfort. The next morning I went back to the hotel. I was doing so well that I scheduled the red eye out of San Diego back to ATL. My husband was amazed at how well I recovered. One thing to keep in mind....follow their instructions to a T. I was supposed to lose 11 lbs before surgery. I lost 23. Dr. Ortiz said it makes a big difference in the surgery as well as your recovery when you follow the pre op plan. I am a definite believer in that.

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats SWGA! I know the food tends to blend and you feel like your looking for a certain flavor. (still happens even after 2yrs) Since you posted back on the 13th you are probably on soft foods now. I personally would eat scrambled eggs; or even apple sauce. Keep up the awesome work!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Irishcowboy,

This is magpie, I seem to have stopped losing weight, I'm actually going backwards! I'm wondering if the scale is moving for you again and how/what you did to get back on track...