JULY SURGERIES

This is the topic for those who are scheduling their surgery during the month of July. Posting in this topic gives you the chance to meet other patients that are going to be in TJ during this month. So lets hear from the soon to be Gastric Plication patients.

• 3 months later...

My Plication surgery is July 5th. Is anyone else having there Plication surgery in July?

Well, tomorrow is the day. We have to get up at 4am. We should arrive in San Diego at 8:20am. Wish me Luck. I'm a little nervous to say the least.

Hello Magee1129, Today is day 5 post op. I'm doing pretty darn good. My incisions are a little sore but healing good. I'm still a little swollen but I can tell it's going down daily. I just had my first protein shake since the surgery and boy did it taste good, lol. I have been on the clear liquid diet up through yesterday. My experience at OCC was excellent. Everyone was very caring and helpful. The staff at OCC is excellent. I have to say if I go back and have anything else done I probably will brush up on my Spanish. There is a communication gap with the nurses however they always figured out what I was asking for.

I m glad that you are doing great on your post surgery. As for me , tomorrow is my last day drinking the protein shakes and taking the vitamins because Monday is my surgery. I have to fast Sunday night after 8. I will drink plenty of liquids on today and tomorrow. I'm very excited !!! I'm already pack and ready to go

Hi Magee, You probably have had your surgery by now. I hope everything went smoothly. Did Dr Ortiz do the Surgery? Your probably going to be needing lots of sleep today and tomorrow so rest up. If you want to email me direct my email is Mdare99@gmail.com . Take Care, Its all good from here on out :-)

I've already had the gastric plication done 2 years ago, but will be in town July 24th - July 26 helping a family member out at the OCC. So if you have questions about the surgery or would like a friend to meet up with let me know!

Holly