one week post-op

It has been one week since my surgery. Things have been going okay, yesterday I noticed the heartburn pain in chest was no longer there ...what a relief that is. That to me was the most bothersome effect of my surgery. All went well with the surgery....the nurse was not easy on my iv got a lot of bruising on arms, hands but that to is healing.

• 1 month later...

Hi Mac73, How are you doing now? Are you glad you did the surgery? Just curious since my surgery is in 5 days. Would love to hear back from you.

Thanks, Melissa

• 2 weeks later...

hi there MissiD------ I had my surgery on May 3rd, recovery was good when the heartburn went away. I am glad I had the surgery but I am a bit frustrated on how slow things are going for me, haven't lost as fast as I would have liked. I am staying steady at one weight for now. I have only lost about 9lbs since my surgery. In total with the pre op diet I am down a total of 31 lbs. I know I need to be more understanding to myself with loosing weight but this is hard for me for I want things to happen instantly. I hope your surgery went well, and that you have some good results with having weight loss surgery. Please let me know how you are doing also.

blessings, Melissa

Hi Mac73,

Congrats on losing the 31 lbs. That is still a lot of weight. Ya, Don't be to hard on your self. It will come off.

My surgery went good. I still have a little pain in my abdomen from the incisions but other than that I feel pretty

normal. One thing I have noticed is that I'm not as hungry as before the surgery so that's good. I am looking forward to

exercising in a few days. I really want to get to my goal weight fast and not put it back on. I have always been a huge yo-yo

dieter. But we will see how it goes.

Keep me posted on how your doing.

Melissa

• 3 months later...

Thank you ladies for your post. Congratulations to the both of you on your positive life change. My surgery is in less than 48 hrs. I'm one who has never been thin, so this journey is going to be hard but worth every minute.

Keep up the FA NOMINAL work!!!