Baby food and multivitamins

Kindle

I figured I'd lump my two nutrition questions into one post...

1). As for the postop diet, can baby food be eaten during the full liquid stage (especially if it is watered down) or should it wait until the soft/puréed stage? I'm on the road all day for work and figured this would be a good portable option to only drinking protein shakes every day.

2) I found a tablet form multi vitamin that has good levels of everything I need. Is it OK to grind this up and take post op or do I really need to switch to a chewable? When is it OK to swallow whole pills?

First off, of course I am going to defer to what the OCC tells you should do post op. Now that that is done I will tell you what worked well for me. As far as baby food is concerned, I did that pretty early, like around day 10 or so. What was really easy for me to do was just to puree any and all kinds of soups and get those in. I did not strain them either. It was much easier to get the protein in and the diversity was so much better than one more blessed protein shake. I know this will sound terrible but I would take jars of baby food that were simply ground chicken and puree that into chicken broth or a pueed chicken noodle soup. It added 12 grams of protein right off in a very easy way and wasnt at all "gross".

As for the vitamins, I couldnt bear one more crushed pill as they can be SOOOO nasty. I ended up buying the OCC vitamis ENSPIRA as they can be opened and mixed into a lot of things. They were also incredibly easy to swallow as they are gel caps. I could do so very easily starting about day 7. If you decided to crush yours or break them into very small pieces that will work just fine. The emphasis just needs to be bariatiric ones.