Stuck Food

Hi everyone,

I am hoping that there is someone here that can relate to what I have been going through.

I am an old lap-band patient from January 2009, over the last few years, if I’m not careful or mindful of how I am eating I get stuck. And it SUCKS!! My husband hates it, he is concerned for me, having to get up from the table and 'throw the food up", it's not fun and it also hurts some times.

We are now going to have VSG done, he is a surgery virgin and I will have my band removed to make way for the VSG.

My question is, do VSG patients get food stuck like lap-band patients?

Hi everyone,

I am hoping that there is someone here that can relate to what I have been going through.

I am an old lap-band patient from January 2009, over the last few years, if I’m not careful or mindful of how I am eating I get stuck. And it SUCKS!! My husband hates it, he is concerned for me, having to get up from the table and 'throw the food up", it's not fun and it also hurts some times.

We are now going to have VSG done, he is a surgery virgin and I will have my band removed to make way for the VSG.

My question is, do VSG patients get food stuck like lap-band patients?

I've had the revision surgery,, I can say I've never heard of a Sleeve patient getting food stuck. I personally have never had an issue with this.

• 2 months later...

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I have a problem with food getting stuck. Actually I don't know if it is food getting stuck or my stomach just being so small that by a fourth bite of anything carb laden or stringy I suffer from pain. Then I end up panicked and the only relief is to throw up. I don't know that this is common, but it can happen so I wanted to let you know.

I have had food get "stuck" feeling but for me it was because I didn't chew good enough and/or I just took that one last bite that I shouldn't have. I have had to throw up twice since my surgery. and that was within the first 6-8 months post op.

I'm 7 months out and the only time I've had food get stuck is if I slip back into my old ways and power down a big ol bite of food. It takes time to train yourself to chew chew chew. In 7 months I've thrown up 3 times, once from just plain eating too much and the other times, forgetting that you shouldn't drink for 30 minutes after eating. I dont throw my whole meal up, just the last sip or bite of food.

• 4 weeks later...

Funny, I was just on here looking around because I hate the lap band I had put in at the OCC in 2010. I need to have it taken out. In the last three days I have had to go throw up my food twice. When it happened on Thursday I had to throw up for about 2 hours to get it all out of me. I can't wait to have this lap band removed!!! Worst thing I ever did.