Weight loss before surgery? Surgery date 1/7/15

Hey everyone. I just set my surgery date for gastric plication on 1/7/2015. I'm a bit concerned about pre-surgery weight loss. I haven't talked to the nutritionist yet so I've no clue what I'm in for. I'm 5'6" and 244lb. I'd like to lose about 25 lbs before surgery but I'm not sure that is realistic. My motivation is shot and my stress levels are high from school. What were you required to lose before surgery? or if none did you try to lose weight anyways? What methods did you use to lose weight before surgery?

~Brianna

Hello,

I weighed 230 lbs to start and they wanted me to lose 11 lbs before surgery. The nutritionist will give you a plan to do for 2 weeks before surgery. Mine consisted of protein shakes and green vegetables. I did no exercise (oops) and I still made the 11 lbs I had to lose.. Good luck :) It's the best thing I ever did, and the 2 weeks of dieting before, is well worth the after feeling of success!!!

Make sure you get with the nutritionist .... You are on an incredible journey of self-discovery! Your body will transform, for sure, but as you peel away the outer you, your inner Self will emerge, as well. Start asking for support from knowledgeable experts ... Which is why OCC is so great! So much support in every area!

This is truly the beginning of YOU, creating the life YOU want to live! Kudos to you for this quantum leap!

My surgery was 4.5 years ago, and I'm maintaining a 110 weight loss. I frequently look at pictures of the past 8 years of my life, and can't believe that was even me.... So get out your camera and snap some selfies!

Make sure you keep posting and let us know how it goes! Congratulations!

• Like 1

Hi Brianna, if you have any pre-op diet questions you can email nutritionist@obesitycontrolcenter.com or contact your coordinator directly. We are here to support you every step of the way, before and after surgery. I know it can seem strange to have to lose weight before surgery, but its all about a safe surgery! Remember, this is the last time you'll need to do it without your "tool" for assistance. You can do this!! :)