Went from band to sleeve....

• 4 weeks later...

Day of surgery I was 256 (Sept 8th) and today I am 239. I am taking my supplements and focusing on my protein...eating lots of chicken and food high in protein. I just thought I would be father along than what I am.

Patience Grasshopper. lol. You didn't mention if you followed a daily exercise plan. Exercise is a must if you want success.

I agree with Dolitle. Food can only get you so much and then you have to start movin. I would focus on food high in protein, and veggies, I would also suggest counting those calories too as you can still be taking in high cal/high proteins and then that will slow things down. Also how you are cooking the chicken but that end would be counting calories. I would suggest trying out myfitnesspal with help for counting calories and they even have a recipe builder that I love.

• 2 weeks later...

I am trying really hard to eat foods with a lot of protein and I do use my fitness pal. My exercise is lacking...I am Anemic and am constantly feeling exhausted and tired. Are there any good protein wafer bars? I have some of the power crunch bars but they are high in fat :(

I am trying really hard to eat foods with a lot of protein and I do use my fitness pal. My exercise is lacking...I am Anemic and am constantly feeling exhausted and tired. Are there any good protein wafer bars? I have some of the power crunch bars but they are high in fat :(

I have that same issue and have had it for years. I'm not anemic, but I find it hard to get in my daily requirements of protein. Trying drinking at least one high protein shake a day. I found unjury.com has a high protein chicken broth that's pretty tasty. I personally have found that most protein shakes taste awful, but there are some good shakes out there. Keep looking for one that you'd like.

In fact, I'm urging forum members to tell us which brands they find tasty and which ones they find awful.

I love the Chike coffee one it is so much better than Click brand. I have tried the chike flavors and not fond of them. I only really like the pre-made Premier Protein ones Vanilla with a splash of OJ. I bought some stuff that I have been choking down (orgain protein powder) They are better with a scoop of the BP powder in it. I am going to try the recipe on the back tomorrow with adding a frozen banana.

• Like 1