first fill

hi everyone,

i had my first fill yesterday in Denver with Dr. Allen. I had hoped to return to OCC for my first fill but the timing wasnt right for another flight south.

Dr. Allen was wonderful, very friendly, and seemed very well educated on the band. He put 4 cc's in my VG band and i am on liquids for 72 hours.

Dr. Allen does fills under fluoro for $350. After watching the whole fluoro experience, i dont think i would ever get a blind fill without fluoro. He even looked at the band positioning and said everything looked perfect.

He also commented that he has heard very good things about Dr. Ortiz and the staff at OCC.

I will update on wt loss soon, hopefully i will start to lose again... i had gained back 5 of the original 16 lost but this morning i had lost 3 of that 5.

Kim

hi everyone,

i had my first fill yesterday in Denver with Dr. Allen. I had hoped to return to OCC for my first fill but the timing wasnt right for another flight south.

Dr. Allen was wonderful, very friendly, and seemed very well educated on the band. He put 4 cc's in my VG band and i am on liquids for 72 hours.

Dr. Allen does fills under fluoro for $350. After watching the whole fluoro experience, i dont think i would ever get a blind fill without fluoro. He even looked at the band positioning and said everything looked perfect.

He also commented that he has heard very good things about Dr. Ortiz and the staff at OCC.

I will update on wt loss soon, hopefully i will start to lose again... i had gained back 5 of the original 16 lost but this morning i had lost 3 of that 5.

Kim

"WEIGHT" to go Kim!!! This is Teri, I met you in the waiting room at Dr. Ortiz's. Good luck on losing even more!! Kyle and I fly out tonight and get our first fill is scheduled for Sat. We gained back some too. How long do they have you on liquids for? Happy losing, Teri =D>

Hello all! ><'

Were back from OCC from experiencing our 1st fill. Took a long time getting across the border back to the U.S. Didnt think we were going to make our 3:40 flight, but had about 1/2 hour to spare!! It was a good thing the lines at secruity were not long. I had 2cc put in and Kyle had 1.8cc. Kyle went first and I happened to see the looooong needle. It was just a pinch, but I think in my mind, the pain felt worse since I was able to see that needle first. No big deal though, pretty simple process. Neat to see everything inside you working the way it should and how you can see the barium flowing through your band. Dr. Romero was funny, joking around with us. Now, were on the 3 day full liquid stage. So excited to arrive at this stage and have the band start workin. OCC was very busy. Lots of people getting fills. A lady we were talking with in the waiting room was getting her first fill AFTER 19 months of being banded. She had lost 140 pounds since her surgery and she still felt restriction so she did'nt need a fill. :-? AMAZING. Kyle and I were eating machines after our liquid stage. Eating everything again, so we needed this fill!!!!!!!! Hi to All of you from OCC. Happy Holidays. Teri

Hi Teri,

I was also on liquids for 3 days and i managed to lose the 6 lbs i had gained since i had started to eat everything in the house with no restriction after the initial liquid phase. i can tell i have a little restriction now. it seems i have to fight the head hunger mostly as i notice i physically stay full for 5 to 6 hours after eating, but my head says its time to eat at 7am, noon, and 5pm whether i am hungry or not. i seem to think i am going to starve if i dont eat at the same scheduled time everyday!!

hope everything is going well for you and Kyle. Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Kim

Hi Teri,

I was also on liquids for 3 days and i managed to lose the 6 lbs i had gained since i had started to eat everything in the house with no restriction after the initial liquid phase. i can tell i have a little restriction now. it seems i have to fight the head hunger mostly as i notice i physically stay full for 5 to 6 hours after eating, but my head says its time to eat at 7am, noon, and 5pm whether i am hungry or not. i seem to think i am going to starve if i dont eat at the same scheduled time everyday!!

hope everything is going well for you and Kyle. Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Kim

Ditto Kim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Thanks and same to you, we'll be in MI. Leave Sat, and I heard it's sooooooo cold there. For the 1st time ever, I have a different outlook on food during the Holidays. :lol: