May 2018 Surgeries

• Dolittle pinned this topic
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!! I'm scheduled for May 2nd and I'm super excited!! Ordering my pre-op vitaleph package now! I'm 255 lb and must get down 12 lbs before surgery date. I'm nervous that the two week pre-op will be super difficult but my mind is made up and I'm going for it! My family is supportive so that should help big time! Good luck everyone!!

• 2 weeks later...

i am on the extended pre op and have 8 pounds to lose in the next 4 weeks before surgery to meet the occ prep requirement. i have always been a slow loser and am finding it hard to be 100%- mostly larger portions of protein. I hope the 2 weeks of liquids will accelerate me past that goal that they set. is anyone else on May4? I sent all my travel stuff in this week and will be getting the cashiers check next week - so that makes it REAL. Im from the PNW traveling with a good friend as support.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm booked for May 14th, travelling from Canada. I'm on the extended prepping diet as well and I have 6.5 lbs left to go  hoping the 2 week liquid phase helps since I've been fluctuating so much for the last 2 weeks. 

Can anyone give me tips on travelling with the vitaleph protein powder and the only things we are allowed to have on that day? Can they go through customs?  Been doing research but haven't been able to find anything so far. 

On 3/27/2018 at 5:10 AM, Olivia said:

Hi everyone!! I'm scheduled for May 2nd and I'm super excited!! Ordering my pre-op vitaleph package now! I'm 255 lb and must get down 12 lbs before surgery date. I'm nervous that the two week pre-op will be super difficult but my mind is made up and I'm going for it! My family is supportive so that should help big time! Good luck everyone!!

Hey Olivia! I'll be there for the same surgery date!

On 4/16/2018 at 4:31 AM, JenHart said:

I'm booked for May 14th, travelling from Canada. I'm on the extended prepping diet as well and I have 6.5 lbs left to go  hoping the 2 week liquid phase helps since I've been fluctuating so much for the last 2 weeks. 

Can anyone give me tips on travelling with the vitaleph protein powder and the only things we are allowed to have on that day? Can they go through customs?  Been doing research but haven't been able to find anything so far. 

Hey Jen! I just saw a youtube video where the girl talked about bringing a BlenderBottle GoStak Twist n' Lock Storage Jars. I bought mine on Amazon for $11.49 a couple days ago. I'll be bringing that with me, so I can let you know how customs goes.

• Thanks 1

On 4/7/2018 at 10:53 PM, cbcnm said:

i am on the extended pre op and have 8 pounds to lose in the next 4 weeks before surgery to meet the occ prep requirement. i have always been a slow loser and am finding it hard to be 100%- mostly larger portions of protein. I hope the 2 weeks of liquids will accelerate me past that goal that they set. is anyone else on May4? I sent all my travel stuff in this week and will be getting the cashiers check next week - so that makes it REAL. Im from the PNW traveling with a good friend as support.

Not May 4, but I will probably see you after my surgery right before you go in for yours. Olivia and mine is a couple days before yours.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2018 at 4:31 AM, JenHart said:

So I put my protein powder in a gallon zip bag, then double bagged into another gallon zip bag and labeled it "Protein Powder." No issues with TSA. :)

1 hour ago, Lisa52018 said:

So I put my protein powder in a gallon zip bag, then double bagged into another gallon zip bag and labeled it "Protein Powder." No issues with TSA. :)

The TSA only goes after stuff that will bring a plane down and prohibited items, example, guns, knives, bombs, liquids over 3.4oz, gels and aerosols in your carry on.  Protein powder isn't one of those and it isn't a prohibited item. They might check it, but it will end up ok to go.  If you are checking a bag, pretty much anything can go in checked. The TSA has examples on their website if you need to be assured.