question

I am scheduled for surgery with Dr. Ortiz March 8th!!! I am so excited to get this show on the road!

I know of someone who had the lap band procedure done about two weeks ago here in Alabama. They had him on soft foods in a week, and he has since had to have the saline removed from his band because of swelling. I wonder if this is from eating too soon. I thought they didn't put any saline in until later, but apparently they do it here. Dr. Ortiz's plan sounds much better to me...any thoughts from anyone?

Depends on the type of band they had. I've heard some patients with the larger VG band have some saline put in at the time of surgery to prime it. What exactly do you mean by soft food? With Dr. Ortiz after a week I could have yogurt, which I guess could qualify as soft food or a full liquid depending on how someone wants to look at it.

Depends on the type of band they had. I've heard some patients with the larger VG band have some saline put in at the time of surgery to prime it. What exactly do you mean by soft food? With Dr. Ortiz after a week I could have yogurt, which I guess could qualify as soft food or a full liquid depending on how someone wants to look at it.

Oh, I see. Well, that makes sense. What factor determines whether or not you get the VG band, or the regular one?

Usually it's your weight, but the main factor is how big the area to be banded is. Just like our waists, our stomachs come in different sizes too - some of us need a longer "belt". The end result is the same though.

Oh, I see. Well, that makes sense. What factor determines whether or not you get the VG band, or the regular one?