Banded 4/21/05

mary1234

:o I was banded 4/21/05 and have a low BMI of 30. This has made no , I am able to eat anything...no restriction at all... what do i do? I am scheduling a fill immediately. Should I of had Gastric Bypass? Does lap band work? I am so disappointed. Please respond.

I haveto say I know it will work. THe hardest part for me was waiting for that first fill. I lost and gained and lost till I got it. I have to say (even though I didn't listen to well myself) That first four to six weeks is for healing! Any weight lost before your fill is a bonous. Hard to imagine- but you have to weight.

Don't every regret choosing the band over the bypass. FASTER IS NOT BETTER!!! You will get there in your own time and when you do- you will be healthier and still be thinner

• 5 weeks later...

i have not lost any weight myself and just wondering did i make the right decision???Iam dissaponited with this aftercare where the doctors don't even bither to ask me if I have had a problem or anything...I went for my first fill so far nothing I had my surgery in early march it is now june no results...whats wrong?? if anyone else feels the same let me know..what should I do thanks!!

The band only works if you work with the band, it is not a magic wand. You do need to change your lifestyle if you want it to work, it is obvious that it is something you are not doing right. What are you eating exactly in a day? Go to www.fitday.com and track your food and see how many calories you are eating? Are you eating enough protein? Are you drinking with your meals? Do you drink any liquid calories? Do you eat alot of soft foods that the band does not restrict? Are you eating hard proteins first? Drinking enough water? Exercising? honest answers to all of these questions will hold the key to your success. Break it down for me and maybe I can help you figure out where it could be you are going wrong :)

• 2 months later...