What is the wait at OCC

Hi, Everyone -

I'm a new member to the forum and am considering surgery with Dr. Ortiz at OCC. Does anybody know how long the wait is for surgery?

Thanks!

Linda in Enumclaw (WA)

WELCOME LINDA

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, I'LL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO HELP, I'M RIGHT DOWN IN LITTLE OLD AUBURN :)

Hi, Everyone -

I'm a new member to the forum and am considering surgery with Dr. Ortiz at OCC. Does anybody know how long the wait is for surgery?

Thanks!

Linda in Enumclaw (WA)

From the first time I contacted the clinic to my surgery date was 34 days. I could have had a much earlier appointment, but I needed the time to get my things together. The clinic is really good about working with you for a date that works. I found once I decided I wanted the lap band, I just wanted to get it over with as soon as possible. I am very glad I did it, though right afterwards I had some doubts. I think that everyone does when they get home, you still are not totally feeling normal, not eating any solid food, feeling some pains on and off and wonder if you are crazy. Now that I am two months out, I am thankful I have done this and look forward to getting closer to my goal. So far, I am 20% of the way to my goal.

Julie C

Nov 6/06

From the first time I contacted the clinic to my surgery date was 34 days. I could have had a much earlier appointment, but I needed the time to get my things together. The clinic is really good about working with you for a date that works. I found once I decided I wanted the lap band, I just wanted to get it over with as soon as possible. I am very glad I did it, though right afterwards I had some doubts. I think that everyone does when they get home, you still are not totally feeling normal, not eating any solid food, feeling some pains on and off and wonder if you are crazy. Now that I am two months out, I am thankful I have done this and look forward to getting closer to my goal. So far, I am 20% of the way to my goal.

Julie C

Nov 6/06

For me it was 12 days from call to surgery date.

Hi Linda,

I'm Michele and I live north in Mill Creek near Everett. I waited less than 2 weeks in July. It worked out great. I hadn't been thinking about the surgery long, so when I called and they had a spot open soon I just jumped on it.

I had my surgery in TJ with Dr. Ortiz, as did 3 other washington gals that I've met. We all got together in October for a meeting down in the Southcenter area. It was fun. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if we get you to come to our next one! :-)

Please email me and we can exchange numbers if you'd like.

Good luck booking your spot! And kudos to your decision to lap band. =D>

Michele