First Fill in Mexico?

How much does it usually end up costing to go back to Mexico for the first (and possibly subsequent) fills? I read here $100 but is that for the first fill? Or are they all $100? How about the hotel? And then how many fills does a person usualy need altogether?

It is $100 for each fill. Most people tend to go down and back in one day if possible and hotel rates will change depending on the season. I think if you call the clinic and tell them you'll be staying overnight they can get you a discount at the hotel. If you choose to get picked up at the airport it by the clinic shuttle is at most $130. The total cost of the shuttle is split by how many people are getting a ride. For instance, one person pays the whole $130, whereas three people on the shuttle split it three ways. This is just for fill patients as the shuttle is complementary for people getting the surgery at that time. If you don't want to spend that much on a shuttle you can take the bus and trolley to the border for like $3, then take a taxi to the clinic once you get across. Taxi rides in TJ are $5 US.

A FEW THINGS TO REMEMBER IF YOU TAKE THE TAXI: Bring the phone number for the clinic and a few bucks in quarters. The payphones down there take American quarters in case you get lost and need to call the clinic. Yellow Cab will meet you as soon as you cross but they abandoned me in TJ so use the red cabs if at all possible, they will get you where you need to go. Also, as far as the phones are concerned, the ringing tone in Mexico sounds an awful lot like the disconnected tone in America, so let it go a bit before hanging up.

Clynn, thanks for the good advice! I will be going to TJ for my first fill in about a month. I appreciate your help. Are you going again soon?

Don't have anything planned. I got my first fill a little over a month ago and it is still working well for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Laura, I've done the shuttle and I've done the trolley. The trolley was not a pleasant experience. We usually go up and back in one day - live in No. Cal. Last time I went I used the trolley and it took over an hour to get there (you take a bus from the airport to the trolley). Than took a taxi to the doctor for $5. Did the reverse on the way home except it took us about 3 hours to stand in line to get through the border. Than the trolley and all the stops - since we had already missed our flight, we took a Taxi from the bus stop to the airport. Barely made the last flight home. We arrived at 11:30 am and our flight left at 7:20pm (we missed the 5:30 pm flight). We also went on a weekend - but it was cold so we thought it would be easier - wrong! A shuttle would have gone a little faster and we would have been protected from the chilly wind. Personally, I feel safer and more confident I will make my flight by using the shuttle. It is a little more expensive but I feel it's worth it - but it's not cheap. I know people that do the trolley that had a good experience. Again, I think the weekend played a part in it. Either way - make sure you get those fills and check ups! After all - it's your health! Good Luck

I just arrived home from my second fill in Tijuana. I live in Washington. I took an early flight this morning, which ended up arriving an hour late, then took the bus/trolley/taxi to the office. It took my 1 1/2 total, from walking off the plane to walking into the office. It was easy, and convenient. I will do it again. We were done so fast, we took the taxi/trolley/bus on the way back to the airport and ended up taking an earlier flight home, as everything was so easy. It took us about 30 minutes (probably less) to cross the border. I would do it that way again in a heartbeat. I am home to have dinner with my family, and put my kids to bed.

Becki

I just arrived home from my second fill in Tijuana. I live in Washington. I took an early flight this morning, which ended up arriving an hour late, then took the bus/trolley/taxi to the office. It took my 1 1/2 total, from walking off the plane to walking into the office. It was easy, and convenient. I will do it again. We were done so fast, we took the taxi/trolley/bus on the way back to the airport and ended up taking an earlier flight home, as everything was so easy. It took us about 30 minutes (probably less) to cross the border. I would do it that way again in a heartbeat. I am home to have dinner with my family, and put my kids to bed.

Becki

DITTO, I FOUND IT VERY EASY AS WELL