under 100lbs

Hi There. Well i wanted to start up a topic ( sorry of repeated) on all bandsters who had lapband being under the 100lb mark issued in the states.

ANyone out there looking to lose only 50-80?

I would love to hear from anyone who had the lapband with that goal in mind and was over by 50 or more.

THanks!!

Hi There. Well i wanted to start up a topic ( sorry of repeated) on all bandsters who had lapband being under the 100lb mark issued in the states.

I would love to hear from anyone who had the lapband with that goal in mind and was over by 50 or more.

THanks!!

WELL I'M ALMOST 50 LOL

I WANTED TO LOSE ABOUT 40 - 50 POUNDS

I HAD SURGERY IN AUG, I'M DOWN 21 POUNDS AND I THINK I'D LIKE JUST A LITTLE MORE FILL TO HELP ME OUT.

I DON'T "NEED" TO BE SKINNY SKINNY, JUST THINNER AND A HEALTHIER ME AND I'LL BE PLEASED :)

WELL I'M ALMOST 50 LOL

I WANTED TO LOSE ABOUT 40 - 50 POUNDS

I HAD SURGERY IN AUG, I'M DOWN 21 POUNDS AND I THINK I'D LIKE JUST A LITTLE MORE FILL TO HELP ME OUT.

I DON'T "NEED" TO BE SKINNY SKINNY, JUST THINNER AND A HEALTHIER ME AND I'LL BE PLEASED :)

GOOD LUCK PAMMIE! I like that you are losing it gradually and not so fast. That to me is unhealthy

I only had about 60 pounds to lose. (BMI 33) Kyle my son had about 80 pounds to lose. (BMI 37). The goal was to stay on top of the weight instead of the weight staying on top of us. hehe LOL Really though, the pattern of dieting, eating, dieting, eating, dieting, (you all know) had to stop, and I knew what to do, but found difficult to correct on our own if not almost impossible. I know to some people that might seem like a drastic statement, but they'd have to walk in my shoes to know how I felt. Teri

GOOD LUCK PAMMIE! I like that you are losing it gradually and not so fast. That to me is unhealthy

Hi Samia,This is lidi,I am glad you start the under 100 lbs topic, i thougt i was the only one with 60lbs problem.i need to know more,i am trying to do it india.even though it's far i feel they have better care.correct me if i am wrong.Does anyone of from washington dc area?and do you know good follow up Dr.or fill Dr?

Thanks

When I saw this topic....I thought it was for people who were UNDER 100 pounds now OR wished to weigh less than 100! :huh:

I too would like to keep this topic going.

As a lower BMI patient, I am really stuggling. I was banded at the end of July and I've been loosing aobut 5 pounds a month. I have to be honest, I thought it would be faster. I thought I'd eat less and loose inches faster. I read about people and how much they lost and I think..."WOW! Why isn't that happening to me?" So I'm glad that we all get a chance to read about others trials and successes. My second fill is a week from tomorrow and I have so many questions for the fill doctor. My burping, my puking, my digestive challenges...etc.

My BMI is low. I want too loose less than many.

What I guess I want to share is that I'm going through a lot of emotions since I got my band:

My insecurties are still there.

My body still looks gross to me.

My sense of desire for intimacy has faded to zilch. I don't know why. I thought being smaller would make me feel sexier, it hasn't.

Please continue this topic. I'd really like to exchange ideas and success stories with all of you. ><'

Chow4now.

M

When I saw this topic....I thought it was for people who were UNDER 100 pounds now OR wished to weigh less than 100! :huh:

I too would like to keep this topic going.

As a lower BMI patient, I am really stuggling. I was banded at the end of July and I've been loosing aobut 5 pounds a month. I have to be honest, I thought it would be faster. I thought I'd eat less and loose inches faster. I read about people and how much they lost and I think..."WOW! Why isn't that happening to me?" So I'm glad that we all get a chance to read about others trials and successes. My second fill is a week from tomorrow and I have so many questions for the fill doctor. My burping, my puking, my digestive challenges...etc.

My BMI is low. I want too loose less than many.

What I guess I want to share is that I'm going through a lot of emotions since I got my band:

My insecurties are still there.

My body still looks gross to me.

My sense of desire for intimacy has faded to zilch. I don't know why. I thought being smaller would make me feel sexier, it hasn't.

Please continue this topic. I'd really like to exchange ideas and success stories with all of you. ><'

Chow4now.

M

YIKES people who wanna be under 100 pounds!!

WEll I thikn you have done pretty darn good so far. your ticker is shoung you lost almost 30 in 6 months?

Let me ask you.. do you think you would have lost it without the lapband.

Now you have me thinking really.. I mean yes.. I am below the 100.. I want to lose 50-80.. so am I getting my

hopes up? I mean I wanted to consdier this to look like ONE SEXY MAMA!!!!!!!!!! Are you walking or excersise?

I really hope that yor emotions turn around. I know what you feel. I blame it on my own self-image. I hate looking at myself

and I blame it allllll on my weight and I am sure there are more underlying things there. but lets face it when we look good we do feel better too.

** Why is it taking you so long to do another fill? ** YES LETS KEEP THIS POST GOING !

** Why is it taking you so long to do another fill? ** YES LETS KEEP THIS POST GOING !

Honestly...my friends give me crap all the time because they think my band is TOO TIGHT and I need a unfill.

Forget that!

I burp alot. I throw up alot.

My friends say I "disrespect the band" :angry: by not eating slower and eating things I shouldn't.

Oh by the way...I LOVE my friends :) . One of them has lost 90 pounds in a year and she looks amazing! The other one's sister in law was banded 2 years ago, so she know's what her sister in law went through. So it's not like I'm talking to people who know nothing about the band. They worry about me AND...I moan and b--ch about my weight all the time. I'm a whinny pee-pants sometimes. It's hard to see my friend loosing so much and she eats anything she wants. Sometimes she's never hungry. I don't get it. But I love her and she has a whole new lease on life and looks amazing in clothes. Maybe I'm jealous!

I work out. In fact I've worked out more in the last month than I have in the last year. I switched gyms to one very close to my house. I even starting going in a 6 am so I could grab a quick 20-30 minutes of cardio. I don't sweat much when I work out which I think is really wierd. Even when I run at 5.0 and 6.0 on the treadmill. Granted, I don't run too long because I think I'm going to die or get a black eye! LOL

Here's what I think one of my problems is...my FAT is turning to MUSCLE and we all have been told what???....

"Muscle weighs more than FAT"

UGH!

I got my fat "calipered" or what ever that is called and had it calculated to my weight. As of Tuesday I have 29 pounds of fat on my body and my lean muscle has increased. It's kinda neat calculation, but I'm not sure if it's gospel, if you know what I mean.

So to answer your question...:-)...yes I do work out. In fact my son is trying to get me to go twice a day. UGH!

As far as emotions go, I have years of "kid garbage". Most of it steming from my dad thinking I was FAT and never letting me forget. I love my dad, but the things he said to me growing up were painful. I'm married now to a wonderful man and I live in a gorgeous house. Being a single, overwieght mom, for 14.5 years sucked. I have a good job with great benefits and fantastic friends and a kicking family. My dad says he's proud of me and he adores my new husband. But deep down inside, do you know what I really want to hear?......

"Honey you look great! Have you lost weight?"

There I said it. That's all I want my dad to say and I will feel better. Sad huh?

~M

Honestly...my friends give me crap all the time because they think my band is TOO TIGHT and I need a unfill.

Forget that!

I burp alot. I throw up alot.

My friends say I "disrespect the band" :angry: by not eating slower and eating things I shouldn't.

Oh by the way...I LOVE my friends :) . One of them has lost 90 pounds in a year and she looks amazing! The other one's sister in law was banded 2 years ago, so she know's what her sister in law went through. So it's not like I'm talking to people who know nothing about the band. They worry about me AND...I moan and b--ch about my weight all the time. I'm a whinny pee-pants sometimes. It's hard to see my friend loosing so much and she eats anything she wants. Sometimes she's never hungry. I don't get it. But I love her and she has a whole new lease on life and looks amazing in clothes. Maybe I'm jealous!

I work out. In fact I've worked out more in the last month than I have in the last year. I switched gyms to one very close to my house. I even starting going in a 6 am so I could grab a quick 20-30 minutes of cardio. I don't sweat much when I work out which I think is really wierd. Even when I run at 5.0 and 6.0 on the treadmill. Granted, I don't run too long because I think I'm going to die or get a black eye! LOL

Here's what I think one of my problems is...my FAT is turning to MUSCLE and we all have been told what???....

"Muscle weighs more than FAT"

UGH!

I got my fat "calipered" or what ever that is called and had it calculated to my weight. As of Tuesday I have 29 pounds of fat on my body and my lean muscle has increased. It's kinda neat calculation, but I'm not sure if it's gospel, if you know what I mean.

So to answer your question...:-)...yes I do work out. In fact my son is trying to get me to go twice a day. UGH!

As far as emotions go, I have years of "kid garbage". Most of it steming from my dad thinking I was FAT and never letting me forget. I love my dad, but the things he said to me growing up were painful. I'm married now to a wonderful man and I live in a gorgeous house. Being a single, overwieght mom, for 14.5 years sucked. I have a good job with great benefits and fantastic friends and a kicking family. My dad says he's proud of me and he adores my new husband. But deep down inside, do you know what I really want to hear?......

"Honey you look great! Have you lost weight?"

There I said it. That's all I want my dad to say and I will feel better. Sad huh?

~M

HEHE .. wow LOL. Well.. I think each person is differnt.. Do what ever makes you feel better and on track.. if that means tighter band.. than HECK DO IT!!! i would!!

Well you know whats more importnan than the scale.. is the way clothes are fitting you.

I need to ask where your friends.. your size.. or were they bigger and thats why they lost faster. You know the bigger you are.. the faster you lose.

I wouldnt wait for anyone to say anything to you .. I have.. and its all about what you feel at the end. WE CANT CHANGE THEN BUT WE CAN CHANGE OURSELVES>

I leanrned? learning the hard way.

Also.. what is your water intake. You know NOT sweating is not a great thing. SO my gym told me I need to increase my water.. and yes sweat it out.

( oh yes.. we prespire.. not sweat :P )

So I guess what i want to know is.. If I am aiming tolose less than 100.. will it take me longer than someone that lets say has to lose 125?

A CONVERSATION WITH A FRIEND BACK EAST ON IM:

kjw: how the weight loss going?

Nelsenetc: 21 POUNDS NOW

kjw: still only 21?

Nelsenetc: LOL YES

Nelsenetc: THAT IT, STILL EATTING TO MUCH OF THE GOOD STUFF

kjw: that good but I would of thought you lost more by now

kjw: lololol

THESE ARE THE TYPES OF THINGS I HATE!!! PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND WITH LOWER BMIS, IT'S HARDER TO GET IT OFF, LIKE ANY DIET. I HAD SMOKE COMING OUT MY EARS THIS MORNING :angry:

THESE ARE THE TYPES OF THINGS I HATE!!! PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND WITH LOWER BMIS, IT'S HARDER TO GET IT OFF, LIKE ANY DIET. I HAD SMOKE COMING OUT MY EARS THIS MORNING :angry:

Keep up the positive spirit Pammie. Some people are insensitive without thinking. If you didnt have the band, you may have easily put double that on. Just keeping weight off is a huge chore, not alone trying to take it off. The slower process is such a struggle and easier to get discouraged. Keep your chin up, and do what you know what to do. Teri ><'

Hello! I am scheduled for surgery March 26. I feel like such a failure when it comes to my weight. I am terrified that even with the surgery, I could fail. When I read that some people have had a lap band over a bypass or gained weight back even after the lap band, I wonder if I really want to spend the money when there is a chance at failing again.

I swear that since having my first child nine years ago (I have four now; youngest is 3), I've tried everything (as I'm sure most of you have). I have 60 lbs. to lose. Has anyone had the surgery and regretted it? Maybe those posts wouldn't even make it on this site. Do a lot of you throw up?

Rochelle

Do a lot of you throw up?

Rochelle

NO, BUT I HAVE YES.

I DON'T THINK I COULD'VE AVOIDED IT BEING WHO I AM, A QUICK FAST EATER ON THE MOVE. BUT I'M LEARNING WHAT CAUSES THAT IN MY BODY AND I CAN STOP IT, BY JUST TAKING IT SLOW AND EASY, "READING" MY EATING HABITS AND HOW THINGS ARE MOVING INSIDE. IT'S BEEN SEVERAL MONTHS NOW SINCE I'VE PB OR SLIMED. I'M NOT SAYING IT WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN BECAUSE I KNOW IT WILL. IT JUST HURTS LIKE HELL SO I TRY TO AVOID IT.

LOL BESIDES I LOOK LIKE A FOOL RUNNING AROUND TRYING TO KEEP THINGS MOVING INSIDE WHEN I OVER EAT, EAT SOMETHING I SHOULDN'T, OR EAT TO EARLY IN THE MORNING #-o

Hello! I am scheduled for surgery March 26. I feel like such a failure when it comes to my weight. I am terrified that even with the surgery, I could fail. When I read that some people have had a lap band over a bypass or gained weight back even after the lap band, I wonder if I really want to spend the money when there is a chance at failing again.

I swear that since having my first child nine years ago (I have four now; youngest is 3), I've tried everything (as I'm sure most of you have). I have 60 lbs. to lose. Has anyone had the surgery and regretted it? Maybe those posts wouldn't even make it on this site. Do a lot of you throw up?

Rochelle

Hi Rochelle,

I had lapband surgery on Nov. 20, 2006. I've never been happier. I would do it again tomorrow. Yes, it is a daily struggle to overcome my bad eating habits! I did not do a lot of research before my surgery, so I sort of went into the whole thing blind.

However, I felt good about having a tool to help me control my eating habits. I understand your feelings about being a failure. I have been afraid of that too. Especially when I found out that sugar (my comfort food), goes down real easy!!! Sugar has always been my problem. That's why it is important to follow the diet plan that Dr. Miranda (the nutritionist) sets up for you.

If I eat like she told me--protein first, vegetables, fruit, then carbs last...at each meal, you will lose weight. I have not thrown up a lot. I have had PBing on occasion, but only when I overate, and was not careful.

The surgery is a committment that I don't think you will regret. Just be super committed, and start getting rid of some of your bad eating habits now, so it won't be so hard on you at the end of February (when you start the pre-op diet).

Good luck!

Cherylann

i am a lower end bmi as well and have been slow to lose. i dread seeing people that i haven't seen in a week or more because the first thing they do is look me up and down to evaluate me for the 'amazing miracle weight loss' that has occurred since they last saw me! i hate having to say "i've lost 2 pounds". <_< lol people see what the higher bmi pts do with their weight loss and they also compare this to the gastric bypass and expect immediate results. seems to be the first question everyone asks me now days, "how much have you lost?" i understand they are just concerned or curious...but yeah, it gets old. blah.

i am a lower end bmi as well and have been slow to lose. i dread seeing people that i haven't seen in a week or more because the first thing they do is look me up and down to evaluate me for the 'amazing miracle weight loss' that has occurred since they last saw me! i hate having to say "i've lost 2 pounds". <_< lol people see what the higher bmi pts do with their weight loss and they also compare this to the gastric bypass and expect immediate results. seems to be the first question everyone asks me now days, "how much have you lost?" i understand they are just concerned or curious...but yeah, it gets old. blah.

SO Krisi ANn this is where I will ask you.. Do you regret getting the surgery. Honestly. Do you feel at this rate of losing you could have done it on your own by just dieting? Let me know what you think.

i do not regret it at all!

let me tell you...when i felt the restriction (was still swollen from surgery) and was only eating 1/2 cup and actually feeling full, truly FULL, that was the best feeling in the world! i get fill #2 on wednesday and i hope to feel that restriction again. if not, maybe fill #3 will do it. regardless, i have not regreted one second of this! i feel empowered now...i have the "tool" i need to help me lose weight and that is just an awesome feeling! i have tried for 10 years to lose weight without success. when i have lost weight in the past, i gain it back plus some. in my daily life, i pride myself on being a strong independent woman except for when it came to food--my willpower goes out the window! with the band, everything is CONTROLLED...once your band is filled "just right" you have no choice but to eat smaller portions, and i need that.

although i haven't lost much weight as of date, i am patient...i am using this time to try and change my lifestyle. i have joined the gym, i am thinking about portions now, thinking about what is healthy and what is not...had i not gotten this band i would still be the same size as before and i would not have all of this valuable information that i have learned through this process...this is the best thing i have ever done for myself!

how's that for a testimony? haha :P

You can see that there are many of us here who started out with lower BMI's. I was banded last March and have lost 44 lbs so far, with another 36 to go. As a lower BMI patient, the weight does come off slower, but hopefully that gives your body time to shrink with you (and avoids loose skin and such).

Good Luck.

[i was banded October 26 and weighed 262 pre op. My weight is now 230. Yes it is slow but it is GONE and it won't be back like before. You are doing great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hang in there girl. I get the same looks from friends and co workers. Mostly people who really wanted to get the surgery themselves. JEALOUS. Give yourself a year. RELAX They can allquote name=Kristi Ann' date='Jan 29 2007, 07:05 PM' post='7857]

i do not regret it at all!

let me tell you...when i felt the restriction (was still swollen from surgery) and was only eating 1/2 cup and actually feeling full, truly FULL, that was the best feeling in the world! i get fill #2 on wednesday and i hope to feel that restriction again. if not, maybe fill #3 will do it. regardless, i have not regreted one second of this! i feel empowered now...i have the "tool" i need to help me lose weight and that is just an awesome feeling! i have tried for 10 years to lose weight without success. when i have lost weight in the past, i gain it back plus some. in my daily life, i pride myself on being a strong independent woman except for when it came to food--my willpower goes out the window! with the band, everything is CONTROLLED...once your band is filled "just right" you have no choice but to eat smaller portions, and i need that.

although i haven't lost much weight as of date, i am patient...i am using this time to try and change my lifestyle. i have joined the gym, i am thinking about portions now, thinking about what is healthy and what is not...had i not gotten this band i would still be the same size as before and i would not have all of this valuable information that i have learned through this process...this is the best thing i have ever done for myself!

how's that for a testimony? haha :P

• 5 weeks later...

I remember Dr. Miranda saying to me when we went in to see her the day before surgery, that the band will only take me to 140. Then it's up to me with diet and excercise. Heck, any help to get me to 140 is a blessing. Being a low BMI, I believe it is a lot slower process!!!!!!!!!!

Better to drop weight slow anyday, then to put on 5 friggin pounds in a week, which I could do without any problem, as a matter of fact, real easy! :angry:

Teri

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

I suppose I fall into the low BMI category. My weight started out at 211lbs and as of today I have lost 4.5lbs. My surgery is scheduled for April 18th. My husband is soooo excited about me loosing weight (it is a little sickening) :angry: . I want to do this for myself, so I started my preop diet early because it takes a while for me to loose weight. I am trying to get down to 200lbs by the time I go in for surgery. I am glad that so many of you are supportive of the newbies going through this process. =D> I can't wait for my journey to begin and I can start feeling comfortable in my skin again. :lol:

GiBaby71

I have scheduled my surgery for April 11th with Dr. Ortiz and I want to lose 65 - 75 lbs. I have battled with my weight for over 20 years and have been 60+ pounds overweight for the past 10 years. Lose weight gain it all back over and over again. I am sure you can relate. I went to a info session with a doctor in the US and they indicated that the band was now being viewed as helpful for people with 50 lbs or more to lose - so interesting. That being said, My mom also only has 50 lbs to lose and she is also going down to have her surgery on the 11th. Having battled this for a lifetime - we feel like this sugery will set us free. I also went done to visit Dr. Ortiz and they did not have any issue with the fact that we did not have 100+ lbs to lose.

I can't wait to start losing the weight for good!

THanks!!