Correct Fill Levels

Kyle and I became bandsters on NOV 1, 2006. We did the 21 days of the liquids required, THEN gained some weight back. Had the first fill Dec 16, 2006, and on Jan 4th, we both weighed as much as we did at the time of surgery. Wasnt to concerned, because I understand the "sweet level" of the fills. Scheduled another fill for Jan 5 and Dr. Ramero was surprised we could eat anything and a LOT of it. Kyle had orginally 1.8cc then adjusted to 2.2cc. I orginally had 2cc, but, the dr. extracted only 1.7cc from the band. .3cc must have leaked out when he pulled out the needle. Then he checked for a port leakage (no leak) but had there been one, it's a simple process to fix and only takes 1 hour. I now have a total of 2.5cc. He tried 3cc to allow me to feel the restriction, and i almost choked. so, hoping this is the correct fill. The clinic fixed us 2 slices of toast before we left, to test the restriction. I laughed with the Dr. saying, thats not going to be enough, haha, I can eat a LOT more than that, and he jokingly, said, ok, lets see you try. hahaha. After finishing just a quarter we were both stuffed. The Dr. came out and we were both laughing, I really thought this must be a miracle. But this is what YOU and I paid for to have the band. The fills are everything with the band. Mind you, we could shovel the food in before. Today, I ate a slice of pizza, took my time, and I am stuffed. Its almost to good to be true. It took Kyle 1 hour to get down 6 chicken nuggets, and he was stuffed!!!!!!! Go get those fills, it's the difference between losing and not losing weight. When you put out that much money for the band, get your moneys worth and get the fills you need to lose. I only hope it continues. I'll keep you posted. Teri

Thanks for sharing your story. I am going to Tijuana this weekend for my second fill. I am like you, can eat basically anything.

I have the VG band, so my fist fill was 4.6cc's. I felt restriction for the first couple of days, but it slowly went away with each day.

I can't wait to see if I still have the 4.6 in my band. Also to see how much of a fill I will be getting.

Wish me luck!

I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks for sharing your story. I am going to Tijuana this weekend for my second fill. I am like you, can eat basically anything.

I have the VG band, so my fist fill was 4.6cc's. I felt restriction for the first couple of days, but it slowly went away with each day.

I can't wait to see if I still have the 4.6 in my band. Also to see how much of a fill I will be getting.

Wish me luck!

I will let you know how it goes.

Well here goes........GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL. In my experience, the fills are EVERYTHING with the band. Yes, and do let us know how it goes, and how you become full with very little. :lol:

Well here goes........GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL. In my experience, the fills are EVERYTHING with the band. Yes, and do let us know how it goes, and how you become full with very little. :lol:

Hi Teri!

Well my fill went well. I am now at 6 cc's. I am feeling restriction..and I am amazed at how little I eat and get full.

I am excited that I have restriction and hope that it sticks around for a while. I cannot wait for the weight to start

coming off. ><'

Hi Teri!

Well my fill went well. I am now at 6 cc's. I am feeling restriction..and I am amazed at how little I eat and get full.

I am excited that I have restriction and hope that it sticks around for a while. I cannot wait for the weight to start

coming off. ><'

YEAYEEEE!!! What a great feeling that is Lapoli!, I am happy for you!. As of today, Kyle my son has lost 20 pounds, but I still have yet to "hold" the restriction. I was feeling stuffed after meals for days after the 2nd fill, but then................the full feeling left, yet again. I'm in the process of setting up another appt. I still have faith this will work. :rolleyes:

What makes someone not "hold" their fill?

Hi Stockprincess,

Good Question!

From what I understand, a small leak which usually occurs around the port, air from the needle, a lot of flying due to airplanes, evaporation, etc. (All very rare)

"Holding" your fill, is not a medical term I'm aware of........ it's how I discribed what I was feeling at the time. Each time I would get a fill, I felt as though I did have the restricted feeling for a few days, smaller meals, feeling full sooner than before the band, etc, but then....a couple days later that tighter feeling would disapear. I would experience getting hungry again, could take bigger bites, not have to be cautious about what I ate, could eat a lot of every type of food. So, from my experience, I discribed it as "holding" restriction. I hope I answered your question. :unsure:

Terri,

How is your restriction with the 3rd fill? I read where you didn't have much restriction with the 2nd fill on Jan 5th. How are you doing with the 3rd fill on Jan 30th???

Pamela!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!!!!!!!!!! It is really working!!!!!! I am so very happy about it. I honestly was afraid it wasn't going to work. Even though I had restriction the last 2 times, it never felt like the restriction I have now. Its a great feeling, (thoughts of it)! I posted in Newly Banded Nov 1 Mom and Son, page 2, I think...... probably should have posted here, but, didnt. It's been 3 days, and so far, so good.!!!! Lovin it!! Yesterday, we took our son Kyle out for dinner, since we celebrate everything with food, (he passed his drivers ed permit) I ordered a vegetable enchalada w/ rice and beans. I ate 1/3 took the rest home, had another 1/3 for brunch the next day, and the last 1/3 for dinner tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL on that one dinner. Enchaladas are kinda small to, to begin with, so, you gotta love it. :lol: Teri Thanks for your support!