2nd week post op

I had my surgery on jan 5th in TJ, It went very smooth, no complications, I had no pain, I was walking around joking with the nurses and Dr. Sandra, bugging the other patients, just like a sleep over. The only discomfort i had was my port site, and that was very tolerable. I didnt even finish the pain meds they gave me.

The worse part is the post op diet..... after the 1 week liquid diet, then another 3 weeks of liquids Im just sick of it, i cant wait to bite into something. I have been putting alot of stuff in the blender with water or milk and that does it for me as far as cravings.

I even did meatloaf the other night, it was great. As long as it is thin enough to drink its fine.

The weight is coming off slowly, thats cool, as long as it keeps coming off I am okay with it.

TJ was fun, the other ladies and I had a nice time. the people at occ are totally cool, helpful, organized. No worries there. the hotel was nice, Alonso, the bellboy, was so helpful. Perfect English, knows Mrs. Ortiz, understands the proceeder, will help you with whatever you need.

No problem getting there or coming home. Fransico was not feeling well, it was his birthday, and it was sunday, but he still was on time, very nice, and got us everywhere just like planned.

I have nothing but good to say so far, of course i would like to be at my target weight today, hahahah but other than that no worries, no problems.

I was a wreck the week before the surgery with the diet, the anticipation, and then last week I was grouchy from not eatting, but today I feel happy that I only have 10 more days till food.

IM sure everything will be fine and I will do as well as everyone else.

Hi to Audrey, I know your stalking this board girlfriend. hahahhaa, I will keep ya all up to date, I like to check this forum every couple days and see whats up, its cool to see the progress everyone has,

Debi

starting weight 212

banded 1-05 weight 206

todays weight 196

goal 135

yeaaaaa me

• 3 weeks later...

Debi,

Glad to hear how well your surgery went in TJ. I am heading down there tomorrow and I am getting banded on Friday. I am really excited!! I know the post op diet will be tough but I have been mentally preparing myself for it. However, the pre op diet is what is really hard for me right now. I haven't lost very much and I hope this won't be a big problem :-?

Keep us updated on your progress. I love to read this board to see what everyone is up too. I am so ready to be a part of the band team!!