Knot

I had my band done on 11-14-06 and had my first fill on 01-02-07 I also feel i can eat what ever I want. That's not a real concern as I know I may just need to get a second fill. My question is I have a knot under my the big scar it is about the size of a golf ball and is discomforting at times. At first I thought it was just scar tissue and would just go away but has not. It tends to keep me awake at night and I'm wondering if this may b a hernia(not sure of the spelling) Anyway I had read where that could be a side effect. Anyone with any info please let me know.

Hi, Linda:

I'm not sure what it could be but I don't think scar tissue just "goes away." i know it can break up some if it's in muscle tissue (personal experience from a past injury) but that's all. With it being that size, I would definitely have a doctor take a look at it. Also, regarding a hernia, I'm not sure how heavy you are, but usually if you've got some padding you aren't going to feel it just under the skin. It' more like a bulging out. Anyway, no medical degree here so please check with your M.D.

Best of luck to you.

I was banded on 12/12/06 and was pretty concerned about the area where my port was (just below the largest scar). I hadn't actually seen the device before the surgery, so I wasn't sure how large it was. I was pretty swollen in that area for several weeks and it felt like the port was about the size of my palm and quite hard. I was worried I would have a large lump that would show more as I lost weight. Well, I'm glad to report that it has gone down considerably, as have the knots I had where the small scars were. It was feeling very tight in that area, but feels almost normal now. I just had my first fill and they showed me one of the bands and ports and I was surprised at how small it really is, but glad! I would talk to your doctor, but from what you say, I have a feeling it may be the same thing for you.

Good Luck, keep us posted!

Kim

Several posters have noted that it can take up to a year for the port to become completely "unnoticed" in your day to day activities. It takes a while for the swelling and scaring to setting down, and you will still feel some pain when you move certain ways. As long as it doesn't hurt all the time, then it's probably just still healing into place and doing its normal thing.

I had my band done on 11-14-06 and had my first fill on 01-02-07 I also feel i can eat what ever I want. That's not a real concern as I know I may just need to get a second fill. My question is I have a knot under my the big scar it is about the size of a golf ball and is discomforting at times. At first I thought it was just scar tissue and would just go away but has not. It tends to keep me awake at night and I'm wondering if this may b a hernia(not sure of the spelling) Anyway I had read where that could be a side effect. Anyone with any info please let me know.