Difficulty in eating on some days

AS51367

This band is a fickle, fickle thing. Your situation isn't uncommon. I've been banded for 10 months and have found that the "tightness" of the band can change from day to day based on any number of reasons.

For me, I know that congestion and stress can make my band tighter and what may have gone down fine yesterday, doesn't work today at all. The best thing to do is to pay attention...see if its the same foods or if you are congested or stressed or maybe something else...

Again...not a medical opinion...just my own experience. Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...

ok... here is what I've discovered about my band (and some I've heard from other bandsters)

Cold liquids can make your band feel more restricted while warm liquids can help ease that

If you are retaining water (like on your preiod or other reasons) your band may feel tighter - its common for women to have more restriction during their cycle.

If you've irritated your band (something got stuck... you PB'd, etc) you may feel more restriction for a couple of days until you let that swelling go down

Most bandsters report more restriction in the morning... not sure why - but that's been my experience and I've heard that a lot.

My advice (remember... this is just what has worked for me... call the doc for specific advice) if you irritate your band - stick with liquids for awhile - sometimes it takes a day or two - if you keep irritating it... you could wind up with an emergency unfill on your hands!

><'

ok... here is what I've discovered about my band (and some I've heard from other bandsters)

Cold liquids can make your band feel more restricted while warm liquids can help ease that

If you are retaining water (like on your preiod or other reasons) your band may feel tighter - its common for women to have more restriction during their cycle.

If you've irritated your band (something got stuck... you PB'd, etc) you may feel more restriction for a couple of days until you let that swelling go down

Most bandsters report more restriction in the morning... not sure why - but that's been my experience and I've heard that a lot.

My advice (remember... this is just what has worked for me... call the doc for specific advice) if you irritate your band - stick with liquids for awhile - sometimes it takes a day or two - if you keep irritating it... you could wind up with an emergency unfill on your hands!

><'

I am new to this forum, I'm even having trouble figuring out how to post questions and how to get around on this site but I am slightly discouraged by all of the problems and frustrations I am hearing from people I have only recently decided to get banded and am just waiting on a large check due in in a month to get banded, I notice most of the people are fairly new with their band I dont see a lot that have been banded for a few years or more of course that could be because they have worked out the bugs of how their band works and maybe have lost their weight and arent on the site much. How many out there are disapointed at how the band is working for them, are there any who regret getting banded?

><'

I am new to this forum, I'm even having trouble figuring out how to post questions and how to get around on this site but I am slightly discouraged by all of the problems and frustrations I am hearing from people I have only recently decided to get banded and am just waiting on a large check due in in a month to get banded, I notice most of the people are fairly new with their band I dont see a lot that have been banded for a few years or more of course that could be because they have worked out the bugs of how their band works and maybe have lost their weight and arent on the site much. How many out there are disapointed at how the band is working for them, are there any who regret getting banded?

Hi Linda C.

First off, welcome to this forum. It's banded people who contribute to this forum. When you read postives and negatives about the band, its all good, because you need to become informed with the good and the bad. I scared myself for days straight reading ALL THE BAD I could find, then decided to read all the good.

I then asked myself ONE QUESTION: Could I allow this tool to work for me IF I worked with it???????

I knew I could, because the rules with the band were easier than what I was doing. It was so much harder doing it my way and trying so hard to accomplish weight loss even with help from diet pills, fad diets, going weekly to weight in, when I knew what I should be doing, etc.

Take some stress off your shoulders and become empowered!

Teri ><'

Hi :)

Just so you know - this forum is pretty new, that's why you don't see a lot of long term bandsters posting here.

The other reason is... for some reason when people are having great success with the band and no longer need support... they kind of ditch us LOL

I would love to see some long term bandsters come and give the support that they wanted when they were at the beginning of their journey.

I've posted this here before, but when I was first having and recovering from my hysterectomy I posted at hystersisters constantly - looking for support and answers to my questions - once I was fine and on my way... I vanished. I go back now because of you guys... because I realize they need me like we need successful, long term bandsters here... nothing like a mirror in your face!

If anybody knows any long term bandsters - even banded by another doc - encourage them to come to the boards and support people that are about to have surgery or are just learning to live with the band. All the research in the world doesn't compare with the conversation and support of someone living with it!

I know I need you guys a lot - I'm still a baby bandster!! :wub:

[i'm a longer term bandster +13mons and don't post much anywhere because i didn't get the results i wanted - in fact, now i would be thrilled to death to lose a total of 20lbs -its about 7-10. never thought it would happen, can't figure out why, eat less then 1/2 of previous food consumption, exercise, etc and here i am. no one really wants to hear it and i'm pretty sick of saying it - it's very embarrasing, very depressing, etc to not only share this but to always read of everyone else who dropped a million pounds in a week. I still say go for it because at least my weight is pretty stable - in thepast i'd be up and down and up and down and probably up a lot B"UT i paid an awful lotof money to lose about 10pounds - it's about 1400 per pound and i kinda wish i went to bora bora something - :blink: Some other sites have a wider range of posters and experiences but you wont find many failures posting - we hide.

[i'm a longer term bandster +13mons and don't post much anywhere because i didn't get the results i wanted - in fact, now i would be thrilled to death to lose a total of 20lbs -its about 7-10. never thought it would happen, can't figure out why, eat less then 1/2 of previous food consumption, exercise, etc and here i am. no one really wants to hear it and i'm pretty sick of saying it - it's very embarrasing, very depressing, etc to not only share this but to always read of everyone else who dropped a million pounds in a week. I still say go for it because at least my weight is pretty stable - in thepast i'd be up and down and up and down and probably up a lot B"UT i paid an awful lotof money to lose about 10pounds - it's about 1400 per pound and i kinda wish i went to bora bora something - :blink: Some other sites have a wider range of posters and experiences but you wont find many failures posting - we hide.

Wow. :( What's your fill schedule been?