What physical problems would prevent LBS?

Hey all,

I was just wondering that if and when I am able to have surgery with Dr. Ortiz, what, other than heart problems would prevent you of having surgery and/or him doing the surgery?

I don't hve heart problems and it pretty good health otherwise, but I don't want to pay all that money only to find out he won't do it or I can't have it done. My friend knows someone at her work that has gone to Mexico once for surgery and was sent home even after being on the operating table because of a heart problem. She went back with the all clear and was sent home again. What is up with that? I hope she didn't have to pay twice! I don't know why she couldn't have it done the second time. I also don't know who her surgeon was supposed to be.

Thanks for any replies.

Judy

My impression is that Dr Ortiz will not do the surgery on someone who has a condition which makes it a risky proposition. Heart, breathing, or lung problems are the first things which come to mind. I would image certain digestive, immune system, or bleeding issues would also make the doctors pause, but I'm not a doctor and can't say for sure. I have heard that if Dr Ortiz can't operate on you then you get most or all of your money back depending on the situation. One of the testimonials they sent me tell about how one woman had some breathing issues and had to go home. On the advice of Dr Ortiz she did breathing exercises to increase her lung capacity, then went back and successfully had the surgery.

Pardon my asking but do you have some sort of health problem you are concerned about and that is what prompted the question? If so, you should discuss it with one of the doctors as quickly as possible so the both of you can decide the best way to proceed.

[Pardon my asking but do you have some sort of health problem you are concerned about and that is what prompted the question? If so, you should discuss it with one of the doctors as quickly as possible so the both of you can decide the best way to proceed.

Thanks for replying to my post. No, I don't mind you asking at all. I don't have any serious health problems, just the usual health problems related to obesity. Sleep apnea, diabetes. I also have fibrolmyalgia and lymphedema which I feel would be greatly helped by weight loss. I am a smoker as well, but not very much.

The clinic had some instructions for smokers. I don't smoke so I didn't pay any attention to them and therefore don't remember what they were. When you sign up for the surgery they'll send you an information packet that includes all of this.