another food question

hopeful

first of all, thanks to all of you for the help with foods to stock up on. You guys are so helpful. Now, I have another question...the pre-op diet. Did anyone here do the slim-fast for breakfast and lunch and lean cuisine for dinner? I already feel like I will starve to death. I've read so much about the different things people eat, that I get confused...it is just slim fast for the pre-op right? not the protein shakes i hear about...those come after surgery right? I am just getting a little anxious as my date is nearing...and I am one of those that wants to do everything right...thanks again!

Hi, Hopeful -

I did the Slim-Fast for breakfast and lunch and the Lean Cuisine for dinner. Knowing that I had dinner to look forward to (and something to chew) definitely made it easier to get through the day. I liked the Slim-Fast Optima High Protein French Vanilla shakes. When you put them in the freezer for an hour or so before you drink them, it's almost like a vanilla milkshake. I'm a real chocoholic and their chocolate flavor was kind of gross to me. The twelve day got a little long near the end, but you do get to eat a light meal the night before your surgery, so that's something to look forward to.

I lost 14 pounds doing the pre-op for 12 days, so it does work.

Linda W.

first of all, thanks to all of you for the help with foods to stock up on. You guys are so helpful. Now, I have another question...the pre-op diet. Did anyone here do the slim-fast for breakfast and lunch and lean cuisine for dinner? I already feel like I will starve to death. I've read so much about the different things people eat, that I get confused...it is just slim fast for the pre-op right? not the protein shakes i hear about...those come after surgery right? I am just getting a little anxious as my date is nearing...and I am one of those that wants to do everything right...thanks again!