Oklahoma Fill doctors

I live in Oklahoma City and I am going to be banded on Friday by Dr. Ortiz. Yippee!!! I think I will see him for my first fill when I need one. However, do you know of any good/cost effective fill places in this area or within a 250 mile radius?? I am hearing good stories of fill places for $150 in other states. What about ours??? I also want somebody good!!!

Any recommendations out there?

Hi Pam,

Of course we like all our patients to return to us for fills and follow-up, especially that very important first fill!

You can check out Fill Centers USA to see if they have a location that is convenient for you - that's not a recommendation - just passing along a resource.

If that doesn't work out for you - email me and i'll try to get you some additional resources.

I live in Oklahoma City and I am going to be banded on Friday by Dr. Ortiz. Yippee!!! I think I will see him for my first fill when I need one. However, do you know of any good/cost effective fill places in this area or within a 250 mile radius?? I am hearing good stories of fill places for $150 in other states. What about ours??? I also want somebody good!!!

Any recommendations out there?

I am from Oklahoma also. I had my surgery Jan 20th in TJ. They have recommemed me to a Dr. Floyd in Edmond. The cost is around $250.00. I have his number if u would like more information.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I called Dr. Floyd and was told that they won't do fills for Mexico patients. Have you already spoke to them?

I would rather return to Dr. Ortiz for my first fill and I hope to do so but I need a back up just in case.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
I thought I called Dr. Floyd and was told that they won't do fills for Mexico patients. Have you already spoke to them?

I would rather return to Dr. Ortiz for my first fill and I hope to do so but I need a back up just in case.

Thanks.

Hello,

I am from Oklahoma and I go to Edmond to WeightWise for my fills. I have a friend that I work with that went to Dr. Floyd and he is no longer in Business. He did not do the fills with Fluro anyway. I paid $1,000 for Weightwise to take care of me for a year. It ended up being a good thing because I have a sensitive stomache and I have had fills and unfills several times. They do a continus x-ray to find the port and also a fluro each time. I was banded 7/7/06 by Dr. Kuri in TJ. I have lost 60 pounds. There is also a Dr. Ronald Keith in Norman they will accept you but it will cost about $300.00 for a new patient and $250.00 for fills. Best of luck!!

• 3 weeks later...

Brenda,

I live about an hour from the city and am looking for another fill doctor. I was a patient of Dr. Floyd, had one fill from him, and when I was ready to get a new one, I got the letter saying he was going to stop practicing bariatrics because of the malpractice insurance. That means that my $450 first visit fee and the $100 for fluoroscopy is long gone. Of the 3 doctors he recommened, 2 do not take patients banded in Mexico, and the other one, Dr. Keith, I went to first and didn't like the clinic. Though I made an appointment to get a fill, and made that quite clear, when I got there, they wanted me to go through evaluations, training on measuring food, and then come back (and pay another $185 for a followup visit). That's when I walked out and went to Dr. Floyd.

I've contacted Weightwise via email for information, but they want to talk in person before they'll tell me anything. You say you paid $1000 for 1 year. That seems awfully steep, especially if you end up only needing a few fills. Do they make you go through their program? Attend meetings? I have a very busy life, and it's hard enough for me to take off and make a trip to the city for a fill.

If you want to respond privately to this, email me at k.mcbride@sscok.edu.

Thanks for any info about Weightwise you can give me. If this doesn't work out, it looks like I'll be driving to Paris, TX for my fills.

Kelli

Hello,

I am from Oklahoma and I go to Edmond to WeightWise for my fills. I have a friend that I work with that went to Dr. Floyd and he is no longer in Business. He did not do the fills with Fluro anyway. I paid $1,000 for Weightwise to take care of me for a year. It ended up being a good thing because I have a sensitive stomache and I have had fills and unfills several times. They do a continus x-ray to find the port and also a fluro each time. I was banded 7/7/06 by Dr. Kuri in TJ. I have lost 60 pounds. There is also a Dr. Ronald Keith in Norman they will accept you but it will cost about $300.00 for a new patient and $250.00 for fills. Best of luck!!

I found a fill doctor in Dallas Texas who will do fills for Mexico patients. He charges $250 and his name is Dr. Jayaseelan at 7777 Forest LN., Dallas Tx 972-566-2263 (ph#) His website is www.texaslapbandcenter.com

I hope this helps. I have my first fill scheduled for April 14th.