Vitamins

When I had my surgery 14 months ago with Dr. Ortiz I was told to take FLinstone chewables, I either take those or the Centrum Chewables, I reccomend chewables or liquid vitamins. Once you start getting yourfills, getting a pil lto go down can be sometimes difficult.

Hi,

I use the liquid vitamins from Costco. No chewing, no swallowing large pills.

Lynn

I have trouble with chewables being too dry and chalky; someone on SmartBandsters recommended Viactiv soft multi-vitamin chews. I tried them, and they are delicious. :D I take the chocolate multi-vitamin, and the carmel calcium. They're available everywhere - Stater Brothers, Wal-Mart (I think), etc.

- Katie

5/3/2005 Dr Ortiz

• 4 weeks later...

Well this brings up another point. Will there be problems taking pills after the surgery? Vitamins may not be that hard to find in liquid, but not other medications. Does anyone know what the restrictions are for taking any pill medications...after surgery and then after the three week period.

Well this brings up another point.  Will there be problems taking pills after the surgery?  Vitamins may not be that hard to find in liquid, but not other medications.  Does anyone know what the restrictions are for taking any pill medications...after surgery and then after the three week period.

Hello...that was the same question I had. I have bad cramps each month and I usually take two 800mg of mortins. They are large pills, will I have a problem with taking them?

Large "horse like" pills can be a challenge. Smaller pills (like birth control) are no problem, just drink plenty of water with them to wash them through the pouch. I take Adult Liquid Tylenol for any minor aches and pains.

Larger pills should be crushed or cut in 1/2 if you can. Try not to do "time release" capsules.

I have not had any problems.

There are rumors around about NSAID's. I spoke with the doctor via cell phone last week and he states that it is a myth and there has not been any definite proof that it will cause erosion.

Dr. Martinez says Advil liquigels are o.k. a couple of times a month. If need be,you can take childrend advil adjusting the dose. I also use the liquid tylenol. Also, even time release pills can be crushed, if need be (according to Dr Martinez) You can use a pill crusher for others, and capsuls can generally be opened & sprinkled on applesauce.