LoveFest with OCC

WARNING LONG AS HELL

I went to TJ for a consult to get my band removed as I feel like I haven't had success with weight loss - i've always been happy with surgery/Ortiz/staff etc. just not with my result. I've also always said the result i'm happy with is not gaining weight and changing my very bad eating habits - however, i was there today to talk about getting this thing out. Well several things happened - I'm unfilled quite a bit - I was examined by Romero (thank god band and other parts are good) and then Martinez talked to me AT LENGTH about evrything and he suggested I am eating erratically and not getting properly nourished (duh - i kept saying with what I'm eating I should be a toothpick) and my metabolism is probably messed up. Plus if you can only eat liquid caloires all the time (even for breakfast) you aren't getting good bandster foods in and will probably be hungry sooner - so now i'm unfilled, not to weigh for one month (is that possible) unless my pants get tight and to eat THREE meals and day with TWO snacks (god, I'll stay fat if i can eat that much lol) and eat a regular times and see what happens.

AND dr. miranda spent a good amount of time with lots of good new info and reminders - i'll write more on what she said later as it relates to that 4oz totoal nonesense everyone is talking about at a meal.

Also, I got one fill local without flouro (i was at 2.2 from OCC and they took me to 2.4) when romero took the fill out i was at 2.1! He would not let me say or think anything bad about the local doc and i still like him but romero said it is common when not using flouro to lose some fluid when they take the needle out - incredible. I did want a local doc for any emergencies,prescriptions etc but ALL futurevisits will be at the OCC.

So here i am again - i've given myself two years to get the weight off and even though i won't make it due to pretty much no weight loss yet - i have until November and I ll continue to fight this battle. I will keep the band as long as it keeps me because unfortunately i still know my head is screwed up around food and i need it to keep me eating like a normal person.

iF ANONe else out there is struggling you have to know you are not alone and try not to give up . i still wish i had a local support group to go to as for strugglers u need it. But at least i have occ behind me and that's a lot.

I am so glad to hear that you went back to the OCC and talked to them. Although this surgery has been around for years, in many ways I feel like an experiment, there is so much to know, and so much that I don't know yet. Please share with us everything that you were told. Any information that any of us gets can be so helpful to the rest of us.

Wow, that is shocking about fills. So far, I have only had fills at the OCC, but was strongly considering a fill without fluoro very close to home for the next one, if needed. I'm glad to learn a little more about this.

I know the band is not for everyone, but so far it has been great for me. It is however, a little frightening thinking of never knowing if I will be able to keep food down for the rest of my life. But I guess that is the tradeoff for not having to shop in the plus size section anymore.

Good luck, and please share what you learned.

Becki

Hi Becki,

Thanks for your comments and I will post more of what was said soon - still recuperating from my quick trip. I did want to say that for breakfast I had a scrambled egg and two deli thin ham slices 'fried' (with Pam - lol) for breakfast. I was going to try a 1/2 english muffin (it is ok to eat bread) but I didn't really want it.

I'm happy to say while my head still wants more I am able to stop before 'full' - that took me about 1` year to figure out - full to me pre banding was stuffed to the gills. Anyway, I almost cried i was so happy to eat a normal meal - a friend was over and I didn't have to worry about throwing up or eating so slow it was noticeable. I feel like this is the first normal meal i've had in a while. It's been 1+1/2 hours and i'm still 'full' and not thinking of food - just having something to drink.

I also just love breakfast and normally I might try something and it just feels like lead so I wouldn't eat until 11 or noon and then that might work, might not - just infuriating.

I also met a mom and dgtr at the clinic who were banded 3 and 5 years - both were so tight the whole time they were banded the dgtr had to have her band out and the mom has to have hers repositioned - very sad - the mom was adamant folks shouldnt be too tight.

take care,

• 11 months later...
WARNING LONG AS HELL

I went to TJ for a consult to get my band removed as I feel like I haven't had success with weight loss - i've always been happy with surgery/Ortiz/staff etc. just not with my result. I've also always said the result i'm happy with is not gaining weight and changing my very bad eating habits - however, i was there today to talk about getting this thing out. Well several things happened - I'm unfilled quite a bit - I was examined by Romero (thank god band and other parts are good) and then Martinez talked to me AT LENGTH about evrything and he suggested I am eating erratically and not getting properly nourished (duh - i kept saying with what I'm eating I should be a toothpick) and my metabolism is probably messed up. Plus if you can only eat liquid caloires all the time (even for breakfast) you aren't getting good bandster foods in and will probably be hungry sooner - so now i'm unfilled, not to weigh for one month (is that possible) unless my pants get tight and to eat THREE meals and day with TWO snacks (god, I'll stay fat if i can eat that much lol) and eat a regular times and see what happens.

AND dr. miranda spent a good amount of time with lots of good new info and reminders - i'll write more on what she said later as it relates to that 4oz totoal nonesense everyone is talking about at a meal.

Also, I got one fill local without flouro (i was at 2.2 from OCC and they took me to 2.4) when romero took the fill out i was at 2.1! He would not let me say or think anything bad about the local doc and i still like him but romero said it is common when not using flouro to lose some fluid when they take the needle out - incredible. I did want a local doc for any emergencies,prescriptions etc but ALL futurevisits will be at the OCC.

So here i am again - i've given myself two years to get the weight off and even though i won't make it due to pretty much no weight loss yet - i have until November and I ll continue to fight this battle. I will keep the band as long as it keeps me because unfortunately i still know my head is screwed up around food and i need it to keep me eating like a normal person.

iF ANONe else out there is struggling you have to know you are not alone and try not to give up . i still wish i had a local support group to go to as for strugglers u need it. But at least i have occ behind me and that's a lot.