Swallowed a Suger Free Lifesaver on accident

Hi,

I just had my Lap band placed on 2/16/07 . I feel good all in allfive days later. However I am still in alot of pain. My stomach is very bloated and I still have plenty of gas inside me from the opreation. I was sucking on a sugarfree lifesaver to get a good tatse in mouth . After sucking on it a while I swallowed it by mistake. I feel fine , but should I call my surgeon? Help!! I feel silly about this but I am worried. Does anyone have any advice.

Guest blueskies7890

Well, I think you would know if something was wrong, if it got stuck. As far as I know the doctor doesn't really inflate the band at all right after surgery, to give the stomach time to heal and reduce imflammation and swelling. I would report to him if i was in a lot of pain. It could be a concern, or it might just be the gas.

I'm pretty sure that if it were going to get stuck and cause you any problems, you'd know it right away, most likely with pains in your chest area. That's where I feel it when something gets stuck, but I'm usually able to get it to pass and I just quite eating for the time being. I took a few bites of things while I was suppose to be on liquids only, nothing much, and all soft foods, without any problems, but nothing hard like a piece of candy. Anyway, by now it would have melted, so unless you're experiencing pain or problems that you think are related, I'd relax and not worry. That being said, I'm obviously not a doctor, so you should contact him/her if that would make you feel more comfortable.

Hang in there and Good Luck!

Kim