in pain please help

I hope someone out there can help me!! I am about 3 weeks post op and yesterday morning I woke up with severe left upper quadrant abdominal pain. It is a stabbing pain. I'm on full liquids and am scheduled to advance to pureed on Thurs. I've called my surgeon who was a complete B*/-*+@ and basically blew me off. Has anyone else had anything like this happen to them? I'm really scared and just don't want to be in pain. If you have any advice please email me and let me know. This is really terrifying.

Scared in NH

I haven't experienced anything like what you are describing. But after surgery, about three weeks out I got kidney stones. I could be that something else, not band related, is going on. You might try your regular physician. He might at least be able to tell you a little more.

I'm so sorry for you. Please keep us updated on your condition.

Worried for you.

Becki

I hope someone out there can help me!! I am about 3 weeks post op and yesterday morning I woke up with severe left upper quadrant abdominal pain. It is a stabbing pain. I'm on full liquids and am scheduled to advance to pureed on Thurs. I've called my surgeon who was a complete B*/-*+@ and basically blew me off. Has anyone else had anything like this happen to them? I'm really scared and just don't want to be in pain. If you have any advice please email me and let me know. This is really terrifying.

Scared in NH

Scared,

I didn't experience this kind of pain myself. But I would recommend going to the emergency room if you are still having this sharp pain. Could be just the healing process, or could be something else. Always best to be sure. As far as the surgeon, shame on him.