NSV

Today I am wearing my brand new jeans from the normal sized people section of Target. It is the first time in years and years that I've been able to shop outside of plus sizes - ironically on the same day that the scale ticked upwards a bit. It got me thinking that sometimes it is the little things that effect us more than the numbers on the scale.

So here's the question for you: What's your favorite non-scale victory so far?

THIS WEEK I GOT A NEW PAIR OF JEANS ALSO, THOSE NOT YOUR DAUGHTERS JEANS AKA TUMMY TUCK JEANS. IN THE REGULAR DARK BLUE PAIR, I NEEDED AN 8 AN 8 LOL IT'S BEEN YEARS SINCE I WAS IN AN 8. (WELL THE BLACK AND BROWN PAIR WERE 10's BUT I GOT A BLUE 8 LOL) :)

Today I am wearing my brand new jeans from the normal sized people section of Target. It is the first time in years and years that I've been able to shop outside of plus sizes - ironically on the same day that the scale ticked upwards a bit. It got me thinking that sometimes it is the little things that effect us more than the numbers on the scale.

So here's the question for you: What's your favorite non-scale victory so far?

While I am happy that you are happy, I am a realist. I would like to refer you to a web-site

http://museum.nist.gov/exhibits/apparel/vanity.htm

I still want scale and tape measure.

While I am happy that you are happy, I am a realist. I would like to refer you to a web-site

http://museum.nist.gov/exhibits/apparel/vanity.htm

I still want scale and tape measure.

I'm not saying throw away the scale, in fact I use mine everyday, but there's more to this lengthy journey than what it can tell us. Standing in that section with a sea of clothes opening up before me almost brought tears to my eyes. So I want to know what other non-scale victories people have experienced. It could be comment someone makes in passing, fitting into an item of clothing that's been in your closet for years but never worn, or sitting on an airplane and realizing you weren't crowding into the seat next to you - absolutely anything. I'm sure there are some great stories out there.

After 15 months being banded, the band has provided me with with everything I wanted except the amount of weight I wanted to lose and I no longer really care if I lose any more weight - I don't imagine I will as I am not changing anything else with my fill, diet or exercise - what the band has given me is:

eating like a normally thin person - I eat when I am hungry and I stop when I am satisfied

I never eat to full, I never binge, I can throw food away on my plate without pain and I can watch others eat without suffering

I really don't care that much about food and I have found other things to do when I am bored, sad, mad, happy, etc.

I eat three very small meals a day - actually on a saucer plate and sometimes two snacks a day if I exercise heavily

I eat a wide range of foods including starchy carbs (although those are eaten like condiments)

I eat very healthy

I do not own a single clothing item that doesn't fit me - my closets and drawers are purged of every size

I weigh myself rarely

My original weight loss goal was 65lbs but I'm happy with 11 - my pre surgery pants aren't tight and I haven't gained. For a yo yo dieter for over 20 years that is amazing. Please don't ask me about my weight loss -or offer suggestions - If I lose doing what I'm doing, fine, if not, that's fine too. My body has decided it wants to be this weight and I can live with it. My nsv's are equally if not more important.

After 15 months being banded, the band has provided me with with everything I wanted except the amount of weight I wanted to lose and I no longer really care if I lose any more weight - I don't imagine I will as I am not changing anything else with my fill, diet or exercise - what the band has given me is:

eating like a normally thin person - I eat when I am hungry and I stop when I am satisfied

I never eat to full, I never binge, I can throw food away on my plate without pain and I can watch others eat without suffering

I really don't care that much about food and I have found other things to do when I am bored, sad, mad, happy, etc.

I eat three very small meals a day - actually on a saucer plate and sometimes two snacks a day if I exercise heavily

I eat a wide range of foods including starchy carbs (although those are eaten like condiments)

I eat very healthy

I do not own a single clothing item that doesn't fit me - my closets and drawers are purged of every size

I weigh myself rarely

My original weight loss goal was 65lbs but I'm happy with 11 - my pre surgery pants aren't tight and I haven't gained. For a yo yo dieter for over 20 years that is amazing. Please don't ask me about my weight loss -or offer suggestions - If I lose doing what I'm doing, fine, if not, that's fine too. My body has decided it wants to be this weight and I can live with it. My nsv's are equally if not more important.

I'm not saying throw away the scale, in fact I use mine everyday, but there's more to this lengthy journey than what it can tell us. Standing in that section with a sea of clothes opening up before me almost brought tears to my eyes. So I want to know what other non-scale victories people have experienced. It could be comment someone makes in passing, fitting into an item of clothing that's been in your closet for years but never worn, or sitting on an airplane and realizing you weren't crowding into the seat next to you - absolutely anything. I'm sure there are some great stories out there.

Well, I guess as personal NSV is getting to throw out so many clothes because they are too big. Tonight I put on a top for work that was previously too snug and it fit great. But come on scale lets rock!!!!