Wow - was that fun!

Wow - was that fun!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I never thought doing some house cleaning could be so much fun! I was banded on 5/26 and according to my local doctor's scale, am down 16.5lbs. Today I decided it was time to go through my closets and see what fit and what needed to be given away. I have two large walk in closets in my house: one in my bedroom and one upstairs that is filled with bags of clothes that do not fit. The closet in my bedroom has one rack of suits that I wear all the time, one rack of blouses I wear all the time and one rack of suits that don't fit but will soon. The last suit I bought (about 6-8 weeks ago) was an 18W (it was little big but not too much). I ended up touching EVERY piece of clothing in my house today and can you believe it - I was able to fit into some 14W's!!!!! Talk about fun!!! I got rid of 3/4's of the suits off the rack that fit; moved over 3/4's of suits from the rack that almost fit to the side that now fit AND brought 3 suits down from UPSTAIRS and put them on the rack that fits!! I went through EVERYTHING: summer clothes, sweaters, suits, you name it. I ended up with 5 1/2 super big garbage bags of clothes to give to Goodwill.

I feel so great! This is what the band is doing for me. I had my bad week/ week and 1/2 immediately after I went off liquids after being banded and got depressed. Then I asked some of the veterans who were very close to goal what they were doing and you know what they said? They were doing exactly what their doctors had told them to do! Eat protein, drink lots of water, moderate exercise, small bites, stop eating after 20 minutes, control the quality, and it was working! I decided right then and there that was what I was going to do. I didn't spend all this money, time and energy to not follow the directions my doctor told me, and that I was going to be successful in this weight loss journey. I haven't started my exercise yet but I plan on starting walking on my treadmill tomorrow. I can't wait to get on the scale Monday (the only day I weight myself). Just knowing that if I work at this (like I've done before), with the help of a little band, I'll be able to clean out my closets MANY more times in the future! Thanks for listening.

Chris

Chris, when are you coming to my house?

Seriously, it's great that you're back on track. Regarding the clothing, I saw Dr. Miranda yesterday, and she said, "when you can take your pants, or skirts that button up, off without unbuttoning them, either give them away or BURN them. Put your mind-set that you will NEVER need them again

Karn

They are history!!! Weighted myself yesterday - down 8 more lbs in A WEEK! 20.5lbs since day before surgery, 5 1/2 weeks ago. Amazing!! And, although I've had one fill, there is very little restriction. Can't wait to get filled some more on Monday!! Love this band, love this band, love this band :D

Way to go!

Okay, I really really don't want to stop all the excitement but I don't want you to "crash" soon emotionally. And it is really important that new bandsters know that the pounds do not melt off normally.

Most of the weight lost in the first 2 weeks is water weight. BUT, still good lbs lost!! Still an accomplishment. The weight seems to drop off quickly in the first 1-8 weeks but will then taper off and you will lose MUCH slower. Sometimes you may be at a standstill for a couple weeks. Eventually you will need to work harder at eating more healthy and keeping up a regular exercise. Many bandsters stall on weight loss because of exercise and diet. The heavier you are = the more the pound will come off without exercise. But at some point, we all reach a plateau that makes us have to work harder at it.

Sorry, I just don't want some of the people reading this to think it is a "magic band".

But you ARE doing a great job and have accomplished great results!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Jenna. I'm expecting it to go slower anytime now. Had my first fill (1.5 cc) and didn't get any restriction and gained 1.5lbs. Had second fill (.3 cc) and holy smokes - restriction! I've got the good eating habits down for now but need to find the exercise angel to help me get on my treadmill. I'm sure the first plateau will frustrate the hell out of me when it happens so be expecting me to cry on your shoulder :) I know this is going to be a long journey - it just feels good to have some success up front to be able to recall later when it gets tougher.

Chris