Pain

Lulu

I had some pain around my port incision but not bad enough to warrant taking pain pills. Everyone has a different level of pain tolerance so it would be hard to compare yourself to anyone else. You will start feeling better soon.

Hang in there!

Hi,

I have read many people's comments that they did not experience much pain. It has been six days and I am still very sore. The first four days I spent in bed. Is this normal?

Four days in bed, can't say that is really normal. Even heart surgery patients are up and walking the day of surgery. I think not being up probably contributed to your pain.

Lulu,

I'm gonna have to agree with Tuesday... ya gotta get up. I'm a nurse so I kinda know about this type of stuff...

The longer you stay in bed... the HARDER it will be to get out.

You need to get up and walk. Make a lap around your house, sit and rest for a min, then get up and do it again. Walk around the block, rest and do it again. Take yer dog and walk. I'm not talking miles and miles... I'm saying just get up and MOVE.

Staying in bed after surgery ANY surgery is BAD BAD BAD.

Walk around your house.... NOT TO THE KITCHEN... but around your house. It will feel yucky the first few trips, but IT WILL GET BETTER. The longer you stay down, the longer it takes to get back up, and the more problems you will have... Constipation and all sorts of yucky problems.

the hardest part is over (the surgery) now its time for the easy part. Yer dog is gonna love you for takin em.

Good luck

Randy

Hi,

I have read many people's comments that they did not experience much pain. It has been six days and I am still very sore. The first four days I spent in bed. Is this normal?

Well, I was just banded on 2/26 and had a lot of pain. I'm still not normal and am very amazed because i too read about people going shopping the day of discharge!! I guessed that everyone is different though... I know pain is relative but I'm not a complainer and I can say the post-op has been painful, not just uncomfortable. This morning was my 1st time getting out of bed and not feeling like i was tearing at my whole abdomen...and on the contrary, i did follow all the "rules" and try to walk about 30 min a day (slow but...)

The moral of this is that it is def getting better but i did expereince what you have also!!

I still keep a hand on my left side to prevent my side from moving and ultimately, hurting.

On another note, has anyone had a problem with not being able to "go"? I called and talked to a doctor about constipation and they told me that i really shouldn't have too b/c i'm on the liquids but i really feel like i have to! Has anyone taken anything for this? Or got a diff response?

Well, I was just banded on 2/26 and had a lot of pain. I'm still not normal and am very amazed because i too read about people going shopping the day of discharge!! I guessed that everyone is different though... I know pain is relative but I'm not a complainer and I can say the post-op has been painful, not just uncomfortable. This morning was my 1st time getting out of bed and not feeling like i was tearing at my whole abdomen...and on the contrary, i did follow all the "rules" and try to walk about 30 min a day (slow but...)

The moral of this is that it is def getting better but i did expereince what you have also!!

I still keep a hand on my left side to prevent my side from moving and ultimately, hurting.

On another note, has anyone had a problem with not being able to "go"? I called and talked to a doctor about constipation and they told me that i really shouldn't have too b/c i'm on the liquids but i really feel like i have to! Has anyone taken anything for this? Or got a diff response?