GOT GAS?

I wondering if any other banders are having a horrible time with gas.

My neverending saga of fills and unfills continues.....

Saturday I went to the walk in clinic her in Mill Creek to talk to them about the overwhelming amount of burping I've been doing. (I started this OCC post recently) The doctor listened to my insides and said "Things are moving really fast in there". He ordered an xray and it showed an overwhelming amount of gas inside me. It looks like clouds and some areas are darker than others.

He ordered a stool sample to see if I picked up something in Mexico. That was fun. (NOT!) I hopefully will have the results today.

If it's not a bug or a virus, I wonder if it's a complication with the band. Maybe my body is rejecting it. I don't think it's what or how I'm eating. I truly think it's how my body is made and how it's reacting to having this foreign object in it.

Don't get me wrong...I love my band and I don't regret getting it.

Is anyone else experiencing this. Please share because it's really frustrating not knowing what is wrong with me. Hopefully I will have some answers this week.

The cool part about it was that I got to see a fantastic xray of my band and port. Much more graphic than flouroscopy. Wow! I'm hoping to get a copy of it to frame. It's really amazing!!!

I wondering if any other banders are having a horrible time with gas.

My neverending saga of fills and unfills continues.....

Saturday I went to the walk in clinic her in Mill Creek to talk to them about the overwhelming amount of burping I've been doing. (I started this OCC post recently) The doctor listened to my insides and said "Things are moving really fast in there". He ordered an xray and it showed an overwhelming amount of gas inside me. It looks like clouds and some areas are darker than others.

He ordered a stool sample to see if I picked up something in Mexico. That was fun. (NOT!) I hopefully will have the results today.

If it's not a bug or a virus, I wonder if it's a complication with the band. Maybe my body is rejecting it. I don't think it's what or how I'm eating. I truly think it's how my body is made and how it's reacting to having this foreign object in it.

Don't get me wrong...I love my band and I don't regret getting it.

Is anyone else experiencing this. Please share because it's really frustrating not knowing what is wrong with me. Hopefully I will have some answers this week.

The cool part about it was that I got to see a fantastic xray of my band and port. Much more graphic than flouroscopy. Wow! I'm hoping to get a copy of it to frame. It's really amazing!!!

Michele,

I dont have burping, I have toots. All the time!! It's gas and it has to do with the air I think. Was never like this before the surgery, so it is definetly something to do with the band. Just cannot figure it out. A lady we were banded with has the same trouble to. But werent you burping alot before you went to MX. ? I remember you talking about feeling like a sailor. Did they pull some saline out because of the burping or because you were to tight? Let us know.

Teri

They took my fill out the first time because I couldn't keep "anything" down. I was filled to 1.9 and it just didn't work. So all my fill was taken out, then I got 1.2 put in. Then....I had .8 removed because I was still puking up everything!

My xray of the gas was very interesting. I hope there is something I can do to combat it!

:-)