Getting banded March 26

Hi,

My name is Cyndy, I live in Oregon and I'm going to be banded March 26th with Dr. Otiz.

Just wondering if there's anyone else out there who might want to keep in touch through "our

journey" :rolleyes: I have gained a couple of pounds this month, with the surgery on my mind,

(eating all the things I might not be able to tolerate any more:) and when I mentioned it to

Dr. Miranda, she told be to start my diet asap....I have set March 3rd as my day to start. I have

been on so many diets, as I'm sure we all have, so I know I can lose the 5% body weight they

recommend in 2 weeks "no problem", and a little more for a good start. I would love a "pen pal or

two" through this experience...I plan to try and post here in the forum, but I'm more of an email

type person.

Take care all and keep up the good work:)

Remember,,,,When things go slow....losing a pound is always better than gaining a pound:)

Hi Cydyc,

Not sure where you live in OR, but for after care there is a great fill place in Olympia, Wa. I suggest going to TJ for your first fill. Just wanted to let you know if that is ever an issue.

Good luck on the diet. Remember...it's only temporary.

A bander friend in WA....Michele

Hi Cydyc,

Not sure where you live in OR, but for after care there is a great fill place in Olympia, Wa. I suggest going to TJ for your first fill. Just wanted to let you know if that is ever an issue.

Good luck on the diet. Remember...it's only temporary.

A bander friend in WA....Michele

What kind of things did you drink post op? Can you have "anything" clear? I was looking at some new green tea out by SOBE

I have never tried it, but I figure variety is probably good when you can only have clear liquids:) Any others have a list of things

to try for the post op that worked good for them? I'm more worried about not having any energy to get through my day. Not so

much the taste of things. I can always just drink it down and not worry about how it tastes, if I have to. It's only a couple of weeks right? Thanks for any input, Cyndy

Oh, I'm sorry for you:( How long have you been on it? Are you doing any "extra" activites to help

burn some calories? I guess I better get ready to start the big liquid diet. I don't go til 26th. but they

said I could start anytime. They recommend losing 5% of your weight....that's 12lbs for me. I usually

lose 5-6lbs in the first week of any change in my diet, especially if I walk at all. Since I'm usually sedentary

all the time :blink:

So....you are probably on your way. Let us know how it went and the best of everything to you.

Hope you get some shopping in too:)

Cyndy

I am scheduled March 5 :)

So far I've been just MISERABLE on the liquid diet and haven't lost a pound, lol. I think it's the Irish in me that kicks in and saves me from starving ;)

Good luck!!

Hi Cyndy,

I am in Oregon also. Portland, that is. Where are you in Oregon. I am hoping to schedule banding with Dr. Ortiz by late April, mid-May. Still working on the financial part by trying to withdraw my 401k and then cover the rest and airfare. I have been determined to have this surgery with Dr. Ortiz for a couple months or so now. I exhausted my other options to finance this surgery, so I was told I could claim a medical hardship through a letter from my doctor to get what is in my 401k.

I would love to hear about your journey from Oregon to TJ, getting there, and before and after surgery. I have a high BMI, so 5% of my weight would be around 15 or 20 pounds...yikes!

Take care and best of luck on your journey to bandland.

Peace,

Judy