Port pain & kidney stones UGH!!!

I am 2 weeks out of surgery. I am having a piercing pain in my lower abdomen where the port is, but only when I move around. I have called and left messages for the doctors and no one will call me back. Has anyone else had this??? It feels like I have ripped something inside around the port.

Also, I had a kidney stone last weekend. ( I thought I was dying) Is this common after the surgery? VERY PAINFUL!!!

I am 2 weeks out of surgery. I am having a piercing pain in my lower abdomen where the port is, but only when I move around. I have called and left messages for the doctors and no one will call me back. Has anyone else had this??? It feels like I have ripped something inside around the port.

Also, I had a kidney stone last weekend. ( I thought I was dying) Is this common after the surgery? VERY PAINFUL!!!

Hey Becky, good name.

I had kidney stones a few week after surgery. I am the only one on this board with kidney stones after surgery, that I can find. And only a few on lapbandtalk.com, which has a lot more people. From what I understand though, it is not at all common, but understandable. I didn't do much drinking after surgery. I had to take very small sips, and I felt fine, so I just didn't. But dehydration, even a little can contribute to kidney stones, especially in people prone to get them. I wasn't prone, only time.....hopefully. You are luck it was only the weekend. I had stones in both kidneys for 2 months prior to day surgery to break them up, then a miserable week, with 3 ER trips before they were finally gone. I wouldn't wish that pain on my worst enemy!!!

The port is actually above the belly button, just a couple of inches below the large incision. Is it possible your lower abdomen pain might be related to the kidney stones?? Just a thought. I had pain everywhere.

Becki

I am sure that the pain was port related. It has subsided now, but I can feel the port under my skin and that is definitely the source of the pain. It almost feels like I ripped one of the stitches loose that holds the port in place.

My kidney stone passed in 2 days, ao I was very lucky. Come to think of it, I probably wasn't drinking enough water, so that may have been part of the problem. I am with you on the pain thing. Labor was a little worse, but not by much, and you don't get the beautiful baby at the end!

I still haven't heard from any of the doctors, which really concerns me. I left messages yesterday, and my husband even called for me, but after being told that someone would call within 30 minutes, I never heard a word from them. I hope this isn't one of those deals where once you leave and they have your money, the service level goes in the potty. Surgery is a huge deal and I really expected better follow-up care.

On a good note, I have lost 17 pounds!!