Medicine and crossing boarder

:-? Has anyone had problems when crossing the boarder? I have several meds I take daily and will need, Do they need to be in original bottles in my purse or suitcase? Thanks for taking the time to read this, any input would be appreciated.

Was wondering the same thing myself. I was prepared to put them in separate bottles but it would be nice to combine for the few days I'm there.

If they are over the counter meds you should be fine, as long as you are not bringing them by the pallette load. If they are prescription then bring the bottle with your name on it and you should also be fine. It won't be on the way into Mex that you will have any searches but coming back they will x-ray your bag. Once again, as long as you are not bringing massive amounts it shouldn't raise any suspicions, but it's probably best to only bring what you will need.

If they are over the counter meds you should be fine, as long as you are not bringing them by the pallette load. If they are prescription then bring the bottle with your name on it and you should also be fine. It won't be on the way into Mex that you will have any searches but coming back they will x-ray your bag. Once again, as long as you are not bringing massive amounts it shouldn't raise any suspicions, but it's probably best to only bring what you will need.

Well:

Lipitor

Birth control

Iron (prescrip)

Prevacid

Migraine medications (up to 4)

So yeah, I'll be bringing a few :(

I'll keep them all in the original bottle and just rattle a lot.

Well:

Lipitor

Birth control

Iron (prescrip)

Prevacid

Migraine medications (up to 4)

So yeah, I'll be bringing a few :(

I'll keep them all in the original bottle and just rattle a lot.

I guess I should clarify my earlier statement a bit. Don't bring massive amounts of each, as in 1000 pills of lipitor, 1000 pills of prevacid - basically amounts of name brand prescriptions that make it look like you are an under-the-table reseller. The birth control and over the counter stuff probably won't raise any eyebrows. The stuff you listed is all pretty benign anyway. If I was taking any opiate based pain killers or anything else that is oft abused I'd be a little more concerned and sure to bring the relevant prescription. You'll be fine. If you're still concerned about it you can just take enough for the few days you'll be gone and then you shouldn't have many left when you cross on the way home.

I guess I should clarify my earlier statement a bit. Don't bring massive amounts of each, as in 1000 pills of lipitor, 1000 pills of prevacid - basically amounts of name brand prescriptions that make it look like you are an under-the-table reseller. The birth control and over the counter stuff probably won't raise any eyebrows. The stuff you listed is all pretty benign anyway. If I was taking any opiate based pain killers or anything else that is oft abused I'd be a little more concerned and sure to bring the relevant prescription. You'll be fine. If you're still concerned about it you can just take enough for the few days you'll be gone and then you shouldn't have many left when you cross on the way home.

What area of Washington are you in. You look SO familiar. I'll be taking liquid Hydrodocodone, 6 prilosex, 10 detrol, 10 ketoprofen the others I can go without for the week. Do you think its better to keep it in my suitcase, or in my purse.

LOL, I didn't even think of that :)

I do have some hard core narcs for my migraines, but like you said, I can just take a few with me.

Hmmmm - I wonder how much birth control pills are worth on the Mexican black market.....wish I had something "good" to sell to finance the operation ;)

Hmmmm - I wonder how much birth control pills are worth on the Mexican black market.....wish I had something "good" to sell to finance the operation ;)

Keep in mind it is the Americans who are turning to Mexico and Canada in droves for cheaper meds!

:ph34r: <- black market me

Was wondering the same thing myself. I was prepared to put them in separate bottles but it would be nice to combine for the few days I'm there.

I live in San Diego and take 6 or 7 different meds and I have never had a problem crossing meds back into the States. Don't take tons and it won't be a problem.

Stacy

Hi, keep your medications in their original prescription bottles always, and never put them in your suitcase. Carry them on you. If flying, they could get lost. The border patrol won't question them if their in the original containers. Don't put anything extra in the bottles. Coming into the USA, same story. I've never had any problems and have crossed the border numerous times; both the Mexican and Canadian Borders. bbuck

Hi, keep your medications in their original prescription bottles always, and never put them in your suitcase. Carry them on you. If flying, they could get lost. The border patrol won't question them if their in the original containers. Don't put anything extra in the bottles. Coming into the USA, same story. I've never had any problems and have crossed the border numerous times; both the Mexican and Canadian Borders. bbuck

wouldn't it be nice if after this surgery we could come off of these meds. Would be much better for us if we could.

rissa

I've been on a lot of this stuff when I was a LOT skinnier :( Cholesterol problems run in the family. My mother's 5'1", has never weighed over 105 in her life (except when she was pregnant) and has high cholesterol. Migraines I've had since I was 13. Birth control - well, I'm hoping the weight loss makes that even MORE needed :) Prevacid for the ulcer I got in 2000 weighing 125 (I'm 200 now) because of all the meds I'd taken for migraines, and iron I think I'll be on until I no longer have periods.

I've been on a lot of this stuff when I was a LOT skinnier :( Cholesterol problems run in the family. My mother's 5'1", has never weighed over 105 in her life (except when she was pregnant) and has high cholesterol. Migraines I've had since I was 13. Birth control - well, I'm hoping the weight loss makes that even MORE needed :) Prevacid for the ulcer I got in 2000 weighing 125 (I'm 200 now) because of all the meds I'd taken for migraines, and iron I think I'll be on until I no longer have periods.

Well, I am sorry that you won't be able to come off of it. Just wishful thinking I guess....

Cheers

Larissa

Dr. Miranda gave me a rx for raductil which i filled in mexico and i always travel with my birthcontrol pills - no problem . They did stop me at the xray (i usually walk across the border and do the trolley) and took my fruit from the hotel Lucerna - I could keep the banana but not the apple or pear - bummer.