GOT GAS?....Michele's saga

I have been diagnosed! I know what is wrong with my and why I have horrible trots and disgusting burps!

I have had really bad gas. Burping, tooting, loose stool, bloating. Those were my symptoms. I think I've talked to a few of you on the site about it. Thanks for your tips and ideas.

I have ENDOLIMAX NANO.

AKA.....parastites. I more than likely picked them up in Mexico. But it might not have been in Jaunuary, it could have been on my trip in Sept or July. These little buggers can stay in your for weeks, months, and years. Holy crap! (pun intended)

So I am on a mega dose of antibiotics for 10 days at three doses a day. Then I go in and have my stool sample check again. Oh joy. Can you say disgusting??????

OH and get this....I CAN NOT drink any alcohol for 13 days! (10 days of the pills plus and additional 72 hours.) If I drink, the combination of the antibiotics and any alcohol with make me "toxic". I will get horribly sick and possibly get alcohol poisioning. WOW! What a good reason to give up the juice!

So it's day one, pill one of my recovery.

I'm so glad it's not my band.

And now I can fill without fear. Hooray!

Moral of the story.....listen to your body and don't be afraid to talk to your doctors, even about the "crappy" topics.!

I have been diagnosed! I know what is wrong with my and why I have horrible trots and disgusting burps!

I have had really bad gas. Burping, tooting, loose stool, bloating. Those were my symptoms. I think I've talked to a few of you on the site about it. Thanks for your tips and ideas.

I have ENDOLIMAX NANO.

AKA.....parastites. I more than likely picked them up in Mexico. But it might not have been in Jaunuary, it could have been on my trip in Sept or July. These little buggers can stay in your for weeks, months, and years. Holy crap! (pun intended)

So I am on a mega dose of antibiotics for 10 days at three doses a day. Then I go in and have my stool sample check again. Oh joy. Can you say disgusting??????

OH and get this....I CAN NOT drink any alcohol for 13 days! (10 days of the pills plus and additional 72 hours.) If I drink, the combination of the antibiotics and any alcohol with make me "toxic". I will get horribly sick and possibly get alcohol poisioning. WOW! What a good reason to give up the juice!

So it's day one, pill one of my recovery.

I'm so glad it's not my band.

And now I can fill without fear. Hooray!

Moral of the story.....listen to your body and don't be afraid to talk to your doctors, even about the "crappy" topics.!

OK, this sounds odd - but congrats on having parasites :)

• 2 weeks later...

Michele,

I am so glad you went in to have things checked!!!! So glad they figured out what was wrong. You have been through a lot having to put up with all the yuk stuff. When they say you picked them up, how? From eating, water, touching? Just get better, and good luck with your moving!!!!!!!

Teri

I have ENDOLIMAX NANO.

Just wondering---how was it determined that the parasites were picked up in Mexico vs. perhaps from a shopping cart at the grocery store?

I hate to see the going to Mexico stigma blamed without asking you. After all, we have plenty of parasites in our country too.