Hurray for me!!

Yesterday was the 6th month anniversary of my band date. I am so excited. It has gone so well. I weighed myself yesterday morning....60 pounds!!! Exactly. I am now well below my husband. Never to weigh more than him again. I weigh less than I have since I have known him. I am quickly coming up on the 100's again. It was right after high school that I past the 200 mark. And most importantly to me, at least. Last April, 2 weeks after her birthday, where she was given a beautiful leather jacket, my grandmother died. I gained 15 pounds. But I inherited her new leather coat. It was for me to shrink into some day, as my grandmother was so encouraging, going to Weight Watchers with me faithfully. After she died, I tried it on, and couldn't get my arms all the way in , and it didn't even come close to going around me....a good 12 inch gap. Tried it on today, and it fits. It is still a little snug. But I can get it zipped, and I plan on wearing it to my cousins wedding next week. I never thought so much could change in 6 months. I have gone from a size 22 to a size 14. I am no longer plus size!!! I can't wait to see what the next 6 months hold for me!!!!

Thanks for sharing my discouragements and victories. I have good friends on this board who have made this a very enjoyable experience.

Becki

Wow! You are truly an inspiration. I am so glad I read your post. I am 6 weeks out and have lost 35 pounds(this included the 2 week pre-diet). I was wondering what an attainable goal is for 6 months, that is great and I am so happy for you. I hope I do the same. =D>

Wow! You are truly an inspiration. I am so glad I read your post. I am 6 weeks out and have lost 35 pounds(this included the 2 week pre-diet). I was wondering what an attainable goal is for 6 months, that is great and I am so happy for you. I hope I do the same. =D>

Becki,

Way to go and Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That works out to be about 10 pounds per month!! You go!!!!!!!!!! So glad your on this board and thanks for your input and sharing your journey.

Teri

Guest blueskies7890

Grats again Becki!! Your inspirational journal is one of the things that keeps me going.. I can only pray I have as terrific a result as you.

Way to go Becky!!!

I am right behind you. My six months will be on Wednesday the 7th of March. I'm only down 42 pounds...but I just got to my sweet spot with my last fill 10 days ago and I have lost 12 pounds since then. If this fill holds, I see the pounds flying off. Before, I would cheat the band because I wouldn't get full, but now WOW!!!.

Anyone have doubts about this thing working, get to your sweat spot before you give up....100 pounds in a year is VERY do-able!!!

Again Congrats!!!!

WOW, that is so awesome!!!! It's been a lot of fun reading your posts over the past six months, though I'm very jealous that you're 6 months out and I still have 5 1/2 months to wait! Just imagine what a skinny minnie you'll be by the time I go under the knife!

=D> Hurray to you is RIGHT !

Congratulations !!!! That is such a wonderful accomplishment !

You should be extra special proud of yourself - and I loved the

story about the leather jacket - you just know your grandma is

in heaving nodding her head - knowing you'd do it!!

I really really appreciate your "newbie" posts -- I have a much

clearer picture of whats ahead of me (surgery date 4/9!) I hope

to continue your tradition and post my experience, too.

Congrats on your weight loss !!!!! You SO deserve it!!

Lisa