Have anti-flu medicine on hand

It's a good idea to have the anti flu medicine on hand called "PROMETHAZINE". I was flu-sick over the weekend, and so very glad the last time I was at my regular Dr. I asked for a prescription just in case. GregNE posted it a while back and it worked like a gem. PBing along with the whole sliming thing is very different then the flu which is a more violent nature. I can see where the band could slip if you continue to throw-up with the flu!!!!!!!! Have it on hand. When you have nothing in your system, and still have the need to upchuck, you still go threw all the motions. I couldn't eat for 2 days. I'm going to try today. After thinking it was going to be a fun weekend, because we had out of towners in, it wasnt so fun. <_<:(( :)

Teri

It's a good idea to have the anti flu medicine on hand called "PROMETHAZINE". I was flu-sick over the weekend, and so very glad the last time I was at my regular Dr. I asked for a prescription just in case. GregNE posted it a while back and it worked like a gem. PBing along with the whole sliming thing is very different then the flu which is a more violent nature. I can see where the band could slip if you continue to throw-up with the flu!!!!!!!! Have it on hand. When you have nothing in your system, and still have the need to upchuck, you still go threw all the motions. I couldn't eat for 2 days. I'm going to try today. After thinking it was going to be a fun weekend, because we had out of towners in, it wasnt so fun. <_<:(( :)

Teri

Teri, Promethazine is not a anti-flu medication. It is an anti-emetic, which simply means it is an anti-nausea/vomiting medication and it works more on the centers of your brain that tell you that you are nauseated and need to vomit. Be careful with these medications they are sedating and not for all people. They are only given by prescription, another you might hear used is Reglan (metaclopramide). Just know that it does not stop or decrease the actual "influenza", viral or bacterial illness, it just makes you not feel like vomiting. I hope you feel better, but beware of casual use of this medication. I hope your band is working well for you, I'm scheduled next month.

Sandy

TERI,

DID YOU HAPPEN TO GET A FLU SHOT THIS YEAR? I SWEAR BY THOSE THINGS. I HAD THE FLU TWO YEARS IN A ROW WHEN I FIRST STARTED WORKING WITH KIDS, 15 YEARS LATER AND NO FLU SYMPTOMS :)

It is horrible this year. My daughter's school had 50% of students and staff out with it. They even made the front page of our newspaper. I am required to get it for work but we give it to all of our patients as well. It is worth the sore arm for a couple of days! Smart move Pammie to get it each year.

Sandy

Teri, Promethazine is not a anti-flu medication. It is an anti-emetic, which simply means it is an anti-nausea/vomiting medication and it works more on the centers of your brain that tell you that you are nauseated and need to vomit. Be careful with these medications they are sedating and not for all people. They are only given by prescription, another you might hear used is Reglan (metaclopramide). Just know that it does not stop or decrease the actual "influenza", viral or bacterial illness, it just makes you not feel like vomiting. I hope you feel better, but beware of casual use of this medication. I hope your band is working well for you, I'm scheduled next month.

Sandy

So sorry, that is what I meant, I screwed up on putting the words in proper perspective. LOL Thanks for the correction.

And, thanks! I do feel better, and good luck to you next month!!!

Teri