HAVENT LOST AS MUCH WEIGHT AS I SHOULD!

teengal

I had my surgery in November of 2006. I have since then lost 20 pounds but i should have lost more! Im not gaining any weight but im not losing it either. I work out with a trainer and I eat right, I just dont understand why im not losing more weight, there is more to be lost! And my restiction is GREAT! AHH PLEASE HELP! :((

we're in the same boat! had my surgery in november and i've lost 19 as of today. haven't lost a pound in the past 2 weeks...but, like you, my restriction is good. unlike you, i haven't been exercising. yeah, i know...i should start doing that...blah! lol

Dont feel bad, take the 20 pounds lol. I am only 15 down, and only 7lbs since surgery which was Nov 1, 06. I think I have good restriction too, but just got there. In Ortiz's Laband for Life book, he explains the plateaus with the band. I basically am running all day, just doing different things throughout the day, walk the dogs, but no cardio just yet. I'll get there, just a little weak in that department yet. Lower BMI's seem to lose A LOT slower. Congrats to you on the working out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teri

Girls..Girls...Girls....

Just relax and enjoy. The fact that we haven't put any of the weight back on since the pre-op tells you that this thing works. I took two-three plates at the buffet table to get full. Now, I don't even waste my time thinking about going to such places.

So it will come off, the slower the better, unless either of you are in your seventies, then you do not have any time to loose.

Tom

:blink:

Girls..Girls...Girls....

Just relax and enjoy. The fact that we haven't put any of the weight back on since the pre-op tells you that this thing works. I took two-three plates at the buffet table to get full. Now, I don't even waste my time thinking about going to such places.

So it will come off, the slower the better, unless either of you are in your seventies, then you do not have any time to loose.

Tom

Ouch, Tom !!!

(funny, tho!!)

• 2 weeks later...

My surgery was one year ago, tomorrow. I've only lost 50 lbs in the first year and there are times when I feel frustrated with it...but, then again, its 50 lbs. I have another 40 to go, but honestly, if I would just work a bit more at it...well, we all know how that goes. No worries...it will come off. It will just take some time...

Teengal,

It's great that you have lOST 20 lbs and not gained weight. Even better that you are exercising. Do you realize you may still be losing fat, yet gaining muscle? Muscle is great!!!! You want to gain muscle and lose fat. Muscle increases your metabolism and gives your body a lean tone look! Did you also know that muscle weighs 3 times more than fat. So you could lose 3 pounds of fat, yet gain 1 pound of muscle. This would be a wash on the scale but great for your body. The better test is how are your clothes feeling? Not as tight? Keep up the good work and don't get discouraged and keep up the exercise.

Bethy

I had my lap ban in July of 2006. I have recently reached a plateau myself and i understand how fustrating it is. I wighed in at 275 the day of surgery and ive been stuck at 229 for two weeks! I got a job at Curves the womans gym so i wouldnt have an excuse not to work out. My advice it to stay postive and just think of what you have gained by losing the twenty pounds. I'm begining to realize that the numbers arent always the most important. How your feeling, how your clothes fit, feeling lighter and also being proud that you've accomplished something great! Losing wieght expicially after having wightloss surgery is a journey both physically and emotionally, dont forget to take care of the emotional part along the way. With love- Amber