Anyone from Knoxville

I live in Knoxville and an in the research phase...trying to make sure this is right for me. I'm wondering if anyone has had surgery in knoxville or maryville and could talk a little about how the doctor's were?

Thanks

Eric

Eric,

I am from Knoxville and have also just started looking into this for my son. He is 15. Email me @ attinsley@aol.com and maybe we can share information. Make sure you put something in the email title about lap band or something that will keep me from deleting it. Get lots of junk mail and have a tendency to scroll through this stuff very fast.

Denice

Hi you two!

I was born and raised in West TN. Halfway between Nashville and Memphis. We moved to Iowa 3 months ago!

Anyway, I don't know about doctors in Knoxville, but I hear there is a good one in Nashville. I know that is a stretch, but if you find nothing else? I can get his name if you are interested. My cousins had hers done in Memphis, and was pleased with her doctor there.

Honestly, I would seriously consider Dr. Ortiz in MX, unless your insurance is going to pay. I'm having mine in Tijuana, MX on April 3rd, by Dr. Ortiz! I'm so excited!!!! My insurance would not pay a penny!

Donna

• 4 weeks later...

Donna - I'd be curious to know how your experience was with Dr Ortiz. I am getting my referral to Dr Boyce but if BC/BS won't pay for it, I'll definitely take the next step for Mexico.

Eric

Hi you two!

I was born and raised in West TN. Halfway between Nashville and Memphis. We moved to Iowa 3 months ago!

Anyway, I don't know about doctors in Knoxville, but I hear there is a good one in Nashville. I know that is a stretch, but if you find nothing else? I can get his name if you are interested. My cousins had hers done in Memphis, and was pleased with her doctor there.

Honestly, I would seriously consider Dr. Ortiz in MX, unless your insurance is going to pay. I'm having mine in Tijuana, MX on April 3rd, by Dr. Ortiz! I'm so excited!!!! My insurance would not pay a penny!

Donna

Donna - I'd be curious to know how your experience was with Dr Ortiz. I am getting my referral to Dr Boyce but if BC/BS won't pay for it, I'll definitely take the next step for Mexico.

Eric

I would definitley go to Dr. Ortiz! Hands down! I had the BEST time there. I'm glad I had the experience. Have you checked out all his credentials? We had a wonderful time, and we were SO SPOILED the whole time we were there. When I awoke, the nurse gave me a wonderful back massage. The rooms at the facility were SO nice, it was like a resort. The accomodations were great. I loved the hotel. We were really taken care of, and it was just A LOT of fun.

My insurance was BC/BS but my hubby works for P&G and they have a rider explaining they will NOT pay for any type of obesity surgery. I didn't even try. It woud have taken a lot longer, and I was ready NOW. I was looking at 6 months just to find out if they would pay or not, appeal etc., and that wasn't including all the evaluations. I just didn't want to wait another year. I've wasted too much of my life being fat and unhappy! I called Dr. Ortiz, and was set up for surgery 2 weeks later! I felt like I truly got my money's worth in TJ. You couldn't have nicer people taking care of you OR a cleaner facility. You have to put on shoe covers just to have your blood drawn. Have you checked into Dr. Ortiz's package?

I just got home last Thursday, and everything has been going great!

Good Luck

Donna