Pre-op diet

I am confused? I am having procedure on Mon, 3/12. I do not recall them talking about a pre-op diet, yet I am reading that many people were on one consisting of liquids? Today is Sat, my surgery is on Mon and I probably cannot get in touch with the MD? Help!!pre-op diet question

Ginger,

If you are having surgery with doctor Ortiz, you should have received a pre-operative diet sheet with three options:

1- Seven days prior to surgery: One (1) protein shake for breakfast, lunch and dinner.; OR

2- Twelve days prior to surgery: One (1) protein shake for breakfast and lunch. At dinner, one Lean Cuisine. OR

3- Three weeks or more before surgery: The induction phase of the Atkins Diet

You should contact Dr. Miranda (Nutritionist at Obesity Control Center) asap. You can reach her at 866-376-7849 x86 or 619-270-1126.

Good luck with your procedure!

I am confused? I am having procedure on Mon, 3/12. I do not recall them talking about a pre-op diet, yet I am reading that many people were on one consisting of liquids? Today is Sat, my surgery is on Mon and I probably cannot get in touch with the MD? Help!!pre-op diet question

Maybe you are not as fat as me and don't have to do a diet!!